[RESOLVED] kernel data inpage error

D

dargio

i have toshiba tecra tm1 laptop and i am trying to install a new copy of os winxp but during the installation a masege comes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and instalation stops. please help i need my laptop back Thanks

Attachments

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
What prompted you to reinstall the OS?

Testing the memory and the hard drive would be a good first step and both are easy. Memtest86+ and the hard drive manufacturer's test utility (unless it's Toshiba, who don't offer one) both boot with their own OS, so no functioning OS is needed on your hdd. Your laptop would not have a floppy, but these utilities can be burned to a cd and run from there.
Let memtest run for an hour or two minimum; overnight is better. If you get an error, test the ram individually if you have two sticks.

D

dargio

i have a ultimate boot cd can i check the hard drive with this program because there are many programs which to use? :)

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
That is the perfect tool for the job. It is self booting, it has memtest, it has hardware id programs, and it has all the hdd test utilities.

D

dargio

i tested the memory with thw memtest and there were no problems and when i tested HD a problem became so what u thing is there any hope thanks

Attachments

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Get a new 2.5" drive for that Tecra, making sure whether you have an IDE or Sata drive.
If you're lucky the existing drive might work well enough or long enough for you to get your data off it. You can use an inexpensive adapter to connect it as a slave to a desktop and copy files over. Don't trust it beyond that.

A

AbigailVaughan669zm

This problem can be caused by several causes.
The most normal thing is that if you have a peer memory, if you have a colleague, ask for a memory module to discard it.

It can also be caused by the hard disk controller (how many do you have?), You should reinstall the driver that comes in the xp (or your operating system).
follow the steps in the below document to make sure that all the hardware components on the computer are working fine.
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/kernel-data-inpage-error/
Solution 1.Test Hard disk drive (HDD)
Solution 2.Test Random-access memory (RAM)

Associates