[RESOLVED] hitachi hard drive n155

C

chingis

i have this drive from my epson 3000 photo saver, i dropped the epson and the thing wont work now, i have taken the hard disc out and it is a normal laptop hard disc drive hitachi 40gb n155 , how can i connect this to my computer to retrieve the pictures from it, and what cables etc would i need, disc recovery companies want 300 pounds sterling minimum and i cant afford this, any help appreciated

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
You could also try an external USB laptop drive enclosure.

Why weren't you backing up your photos in the first place? Even if you have an external repository, that's not a backup. Backup means you have 2 or more copies.

C

chingis

jimbo1763 said:
You can get an adapter to hook up the 2.5 inch drive to your desktop, attach it as a slave to your IDE cable and try to access the drive that way.

An example is here. Most computer stores will have them.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108&cat=HDD

thats done the trick jimbo, 19.99 sterling from maplin, thanks a million

midknyte the reason there was no back up was they were the back up the originals were on a 4gb cf card that got stolen with my bag in hong kong, the epson was the back up and i dropped it whilst connecting it to my computer to download the pics, "theres many a slip twixt cup and lip" as the saying goes

thanks again jimbo

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
ah that sucks. 300£ seems pretty reasonable. Ontrack or Drivesavers probably aren't gonna be any cheaper.

Associates