[RESOLVED] Computer randomly freezes in POST, BIOS and Windows

Shinma

Shinma

Due to your location,
Germany maybe of interest for prices...

Q

qotifrez

I found some German stores, good suggestion!

My problem now however is that I can't seem to find any boards with AM2 socket. Every single store has gone over to AM3, and doesn't seem to sell the old ones any longer. Do any of you guys know about an online store that still sells these old ones?

Thank you for the continuous follow-up Shinma, I really appreciate it!

Q

qotifrez

Hi again guys, figured I'd give you all an update about the computer issue.

I recently picked up and installed some new hardware I ordered a week back.
I bought a new motherboard (ASUS M4A87TD EVO), a new processor (AMD Athlon II X3) and 4 GB DDR3 RAM (2x 2GB Crucial CL9 1333MHz).

However I received the incorrect DRAM, they sent me some [edited out by moderator] old DDR2 ones. So I will have to send these in for return, and wait another couple of days before I receive the new DDR3 I ordered in the first place.
(Can't boot the computer without DDR3, and as noted I had DDR2 from earlier).

Update on the Arctic Freezer 7 cooler:
As some of you may recall, my new heatsink fan was just budging whenever I started the computer - followed by it not spinning at all. I've been reading FAQs and support tickets regarding the fan for some days now without coming to any conclusion. I figured I'd might as well try to disassemble the fan, and see if I could figure out why it would only budge. I then actually found out what the problem was. Basically i only came to the point where I dismantled the fan from the heatsink, and in doing so noticed that there was a small gap (about 5 millimeters) between the fan guard and the actual fan itself. What I did was to put some pressure on the pivot point between the two, and the fan popped right in place. I tried to plug it back in to the CPU header, and started the computer. The fan started up just fine. Simple fix, however not the first thing I'd come up with. Had a little laugh when I figured it out.

Anyways, I will come back to you when I've received the correct memory sticks. I can't imagine my computer shouldn't boot now, or freeze. However, I will update you anyways with how everything is eventually :)

Thanks again for the support you guys have been giving, it really helped me on the way.

R

Rickyrodger

Hi again guys, figured I'd give you all an update about the computer issue.

I recently picked up and installed some new hardware I ordered a week back.
I bought a new motherboard (ASUS M4A87TD EVO), a new processor (AMD Athlon II X3) and 4 GB DDR3 RAM (2x 2GB Crucial CL9 1333MHz).

However I received the incorrect DRAM, they sent me some [edited out by moderator] old DDR2 ones. So I will have to send these in for return, and wait another couple of days before I receive the new DDR3 I ordered in the first place.
(Can't boot the computer without DDR3, and as noted I had DDR2 from earlier).

Update on the Arctic Freezer 7 cooler:
As some of you may recall, my new heatsink fan was just budging whenever I started the computer - followed by it not spinning at all. I've been reading FAQs and support tickets regarding the fan for some days now without coming to any conclusion. I figured I'd might as well try to disassemble the fan, and see if I could figure out why it would only budge. I then actually found out what the problem was. Basically i only came to the point where I dismantled the fan from the heatsink, and in doing so noticed that there was a small gap (about 5 millimeters) between the fan guard and the actual fan itself. What I did was to put some pressure on the pivot point between the two, and the fan popped right in place. I tried to plug it back in to the CPU header, and started the computer. The fan started up just fine. Simple fix, however not the first thing I'd come up with. Had a little laugh when I figured it out.

Anyways, I will come back to you when I've received the correct memory sticks. I can't imagine my computer shouldn't boot now, or freeze. However, I will update you anyways with how everything is eventually :)

Thanks again for the support you guys have been giving, it really helped me on the way.
Anyone out there??? Is it worked?

Associates