[RESOLVED] Changing password in Hardware Central

T

tmags2

How do I change my password in Hardware Central?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by tmags2:
How do I change my password in Hardware Central?
Just hit the Profile link and then change the password there.

------------------
Contributing Editor
HardwareCentral

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It works, I just tested it twice. If you are logged in, click edit password and e-mail, enter your current password, then enter the new one twice, once in each text box, then click save and exit.

B

Binar

I tried but as soon as I chose a new password I got the next msg

"Users that joined before year 2000 are life time honorary members and they don't require a password to post ,edit or delete topics "

just kidding :)

B

Binar

I got jinxed or I got modded but somehow my EDIT button vanished

Seriously I don't have an edit option (for my own posts) anymore...Can you guys look into my account plz

I was trying to edit a post I've made tonight (1600W PSU) and I can't since there's no such option anymore :(

EDIT this msg has the "EDIT" option but all my previous msgs doesn't have this option anymore ....Puzzled

Last edited:
Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Members can only edit their own posts for 10 to 15 minutes after the posts was made. After the time limit has past, the button disappears.

E

ELF2000

I think the edit button has a time out feature. Meaning it goes away after some time has passed.

Edit: Steven beat me to it. :)

B

Binar

JPnyc said:
If it's that important, one of us will edit it for you.
I just found more reviews for that 1600W PSU ...no biggie, nothing important

BTW Guys,thx for explaining why my "EDIT" tab vanished

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
OK, as long as you're sure. We don't mind doing it. We had to limit edit time because some users were coming back and editing out the content of all their posts. The forum won't be much of a searchable knowledgebase if that kind of thing goes on.

Associates