[RESOLVED] Audio Problems

G

ggalv

When I open itunes, I get the following Message "itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly" Then itunes opens up and when I click to play a song, the song stays at 0 seconds and there is no sound.

Also, if I see a video online the video plays but there is no sound.

I looked at device manager and I don't see any exclamation marks, but I don't see anything regarding my sound card, I only see "Sound, video and game controller" section with Legacy Audio Driver.

Appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Shinma

Shinma

... I looked at device manager and ... I don't see anything regarding my sound card, I only see "Sound, video and game controller" section with Legacy Audio Driver...
Appears hardware is not detected.
If audio card is confirmed functional,
Try another expansion slot.

G

ggalv

Here is where I am at right now. My sound card/sound is working properly when I placed the pci cards to there original location prior to installing a USB 2.0 PCI Card.

Original PCI Slots (Sound Working)
1. Firewire
2. Sound Card
3. Empty
4. Ethernet Card
5. Empty
6. Empty

New PCI Slots (Sound Not Working. Placed Ethernet Card in slot 3 because it is recommended to keep slots 4 and 6 empty for the ABIT KT7 motherboard. Placed new USB 2.0 PCI Card in slot 5)
1. Firewire
2. Sound Card
3. Ethernet Card
4. Empty
5. USB 2.0 PCI Card
6. Empty

Do you guys know why my "New PCI Slot" setup causes the sound card not to be detected?

One of the requirements for my new USB 2.0 PCI Card is that the pci slot specifications be v2.1 and above - does the ABIT KT7 meet this requirement?

THANKS

G

ggalv

I tried it again, by putting the ethernet card in slot 3 along with the firewire in slot 1 and the audio card in slot 2 and everything was working properly.

Then I turned off the computer and installed the USB 2.0 PCI card in slot 5, with the ethernet card in slot 3, the firewire in slot 1 and the audio card in slot 2 and NOW everything is working. Not sure why the sound was not working before?

Associates