[RESOLVED] @#$%#[email protected]%$ ati!!!

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
I want to get my friend's Mossberg pistol grip and go postal on the people who write the damn drivers!!!

In any case I have a Sapphire 3450HD 512MB (garbage card anyway), and was trying to install drivers for XP, and after several tries with multiple driver versions I am completely baffled!

Every time the drivers are installed after reboot the monitor gets no signal. The only way to fix this has been to boot to safe mode then uninstall the drivers. Then when it reboots of course it puts them back and does the whole thing over again. If this is the best I can do than the card is worthless to me. I know it works in 7 and it works in Ubuntu, so why can't it work with XP?

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
I solved it! I put a trusty nVidia card in and I plan to take the Mossberg to all my ATI cards from the vast old videocard box! I always hear ATI has better color, but if the damn thing doesn't work I'd have to refute that! He has a Kalashnikov too so we can have some fun using them for target practice. It will be a lot more fun than trying to actually make them work!

I like AMD CPUs fine and I used to have no trouble with ATI cards, but anymore every time I see an ATI I know I am in for driver trouble....

Associates