[RESOLVED] ASUS P8Z68-V LE BIOS setting

The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Thanx to you guys, I am up and running. BUT, have a question about my bios settings. There is a switch on the board ( TPU ) that says when it's enabled it gives the machine optimum performance. Also, there is are three choices in the bios that say, "pwer saving", "Normal", and "Performance". Well, I enabled the switch, chose performance in the bios and when I try to boot up it says "overclock failed! Press F1 to enter setup". So, question is, should I use the switch, or disable the switch and use the performance setting in the bios?

The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Oops, wrong thread! Looks to me like it would be best to use performance setting in the bios and disaable the switch. Ya think?

Ratt

Ratt

The TPU switch is for auto overclocking. Sometimes it fails so you need to adjust it manually in the BIOS.

Anyway it is better to set overclocking parameters manually.

Since you mentioned previously that you are not into overclocking, better leave that switch alone. ;)

Shinma

Shinma

Ratt already answered your question. :)

Not wrong thread.
I separated your post from the other thread due to length of original.
and
Separate subject. :)

The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Thats what I did. I just set the bios for optimal performance. Now, in Win 7 Ult is there a way I can view thumbnails in folders? I don't see the option anywhere.

The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Thank you very much again. It's amazing how far behind one can get after just a couple of years of being out of the loop!!!

Associates