Remote controling my PC

J

James Carter

I want to make my PC have the same functionality of a TV where I can switch it on/off, watch DVDs in bed not have to get up and switch it off/run it on and maybe set a timer to switch it off just incase I fall asleep! I want to do all this via a remote control.

I have a TV card but this doesn't let me switch off the computer and I don't think it is able to control a DVD either.

What's the solution???

Thanks.

ohyeahar

ohyeahar

Baller
ATI makes a very nice remote control for the pc...i think it's called the Remote Wonder...it comes included with All-in-Wonder cards but you can purchase it separately as well...but you can't turn on your pc with it though....but it'll do everything else you mentioned...
as far as setting a timer to turn off your pc, i use a program that's pretty good and easy to use called Sleepy...
http://www.sleepysoftware.com/

J

James Carter

Thanks for your reply Ohyeahar that's helped.

But does anyone else know of a remote facility that can turn off my PC via remote?

I'm starting to think I may have to tape a few long sticks together. :)

A

Arris

Cordless mouse and keyboard. That does the job for me. And if you setup the power options you should be able to power it on with a key combination ;)

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Yeah, use the remote wonder to turn the PC off, and set the BIOS to turn the PC back on again in the morning.

Associates