Relationship between membrane keyboard prices & quality

ineuw

ineuw

I am partial to Logitech keyboards, as a typist and not a gamer, so I don't use mechanical keyboards (yet). I was wondering what makes one membrane keyboard cost $30 and another $60+? As an example, I am now using a Logitech K270 (a decent keyboard but not unified USB), and looking for another Logitech like the K750. What's in the K750 that makes it more than double the price?

ineuw

ineuw

SpywareDr, thanks for taking the trouble to reply and provide some interesting links. After searching for more info on the two keybooards, I came to realize that there is nothing inside the keyboard components that are different, aside from the fact that the K750 is a solar powered keyboard. I asked the question to maximize the value of my purchases, because I have several keyboards (MS and Logitech) and always on the lookout for more, because I am not a very gentle typist.

The K270 is an excellent basic wireless keyboard, however, there is a problem with the specs. It is advertised as a Unifiable product, but it seems that Logitech may have released this product in two different versions using the same product number, (Y-R042).

For the benefit of other readers of this Forum, it seems that one model is Unifiable and the other is not. I have the exact problem as written in the forum link here, and Logitech is mum about the issue:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/Is-K270-keyboard-unifying/td-p/1412588

The mouse is model M501, but unfortunately, I bought the keyboard which cannot be unified and the recommended tools cannot fix the problem. So, it is buyers beware.

Associates