Recording audio on a cdr

G

geek

I have a Smart and Friendly 226 CDR/CDRW that seems to not record digital audio very well. I never get error messages such as buffer underruns or anything it is just the music has a lot of skips. I am using adaptec's easy cd creator ver 3.5 (newest one), adaptec aha 1510 SCSI board, and sony 32X ide cdrom. I have also turned the recording speed down to 1X and messed with all the audio adjustments so the recording is very very painfully slow. Any suggestions? Also would it improve performance if I used a PCI SCSI rather than the ISA one that I have? And does everyones system run a little slower with the CDR installed? Thanks.

D

d_lagneau

try first to decrease your 32x speed it can solve the problem.
easy cd creator is not the problem i think cause i use it and it is good.
try to copy the audio tracks on your hard drive then on a cdr and see if the problem still occurs. if it is the case reduse the speed of your 32x and the read buffer.

H

Holmes

Your problem is that the CDROM that you are using to record does not support RAW reading it is very common and most CDROM's do not.
You have to read the Audio from your recorder then write it to the CDR

T

terence

You should try one of two things. When copying digital audio tracks (say from a CD) copy them first as image files to your hard drive then to your CD. Also, lower the recording speed to 1x. See if that works.

G

geek

Thanks for all the input. Now I am making audio cd's that sound perfect. Thanks a lot!

geek

K

karlhome

Another thing that causes that are low qualitiy CD-R's I bought a 2 50 pack spindles of Hi-VAL CD'rs and they cant record Audio worth.... so you can try other CD-R's if that continues to be a problem... switching brands seemed to work for me

D

daveyp

Also worth mentioning is that you need to record your CD with the Disk-At-Once (DAO) method or else you will get annoying 2 second gaps between each track.

Davey P

Associates