Really big problem!

R

RoryG

Hiya guys,

Basically I had to totally re-install Windows and I have no drivers for anything really, except Intel ones.

The main problem is the audio/sound card driver, I have been to the Dell support page, downloaded the correct drivers for my soundcard but every time I run the installer it comes up with an error message saying:

Error: Setup is unable to find a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before attempting to run this setup again.

This is one of those problems which drives you to the end of insanity and I'm so pissed off right now!

If anyone could send me in the right direction, else it's a pricy visit to PC World... again!

N.B: I have no Resource CD of any type, just to let you know.

Shinma

Shinma

RoryG said:
... Error: Setup is unable to find a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before attempting to run this setup again...
Message typically appears when wrong drivers are used.
Double check model of the system
and
Verify by locating the audio chip on the mobo itself.

R

RoryG

I used the Dell support program and I entered my PC model (Dimension 5150) and it came up with the sound card drivers, I downloaded them but that error message came up.

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

There may be more than one audio driver for your model, depending on what Dell put in there. The Dell site gives you the ability to search using the Service Tag on your machine, and that should lead you to the right driver. Did you search for drivers that way, or just by the model number?

R

RoryG

I have to admit I took the easy option and entered in my PC model etc, Will try what you suggested now.

u8myufo

u8myufo

Ha! Ha!

Thats about right, I just had the same prob with my Auntys Mesh system, the kids trashed it. I managed to install all drivers but kept gettting the error in devise manager for the multimedia controller. The mobo in question was an Asus a8n-vm. I instaled the N-force 4 series driver, the ati 700 driver. The sound driver was from the Asus site for soundmax, three times I checked with Mesh and each time they pointed me to the same driver, but as you point out, go to install the thing and it spends half a minute checking your system just to come up with, this is not compatible with your hardware. The only option was to phone Mesh hardware support, ding!! ding!!!, ding!! ding!!, you are currently sixth in the queue and expected time to wait is 25 minutes, at a pound a minute I think not. So I dropped said pc to my mate, if he dont get it sorted then nobody can. My gripe is with these people if they supply a rescue disk then all relevant drivers should be on that disk. I know!! I know!! I did offer to build her a system at the time, but sometimes you can explain to people the pitfalls of buying from people like this untill you are blue in the face, but if they are paying then they get what they want.
Hope you get it sorted m8.

Associates