Quiet times ?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, we've upgraded. Check out your profile pages ;)

krupted

krupted

profiles look fun. if youre 12 haha :D

am i missing something here though? why was hwc dedicated as the official toshiba vista to xp site? i wasnt even aware that many people owned toshibas. furthermore anyone who thinks vista is not up to par with xp is plain ignorant.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
However it happened, HWC came up first on Google. Perhaps it was because that main thread had the exact model or version number in the thread title. That thread alone is now over half a million views, and there are several other Toshiba threads.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It just happened, just a matter of random circumstance. As for the profiles, we had to upgrade to keep the forum secure, and those features come along with it. Of course I could disable them, but somebody might like them.

ups4

ups4

I find it interesting to see where people are from and such, using profiles. We've got people from every corner of the world here....and some are not of this world it seems :p.
Of course, some people don't fill their's out completely, so I guess they feel that info is private :rolleyes:.

Paul

krupted

krupted

no reason to disable the new profiles. i kid, i kid.

pretty interesting on the thread views though. i know a couple years ago you guys made some change to the way hwc gets up the ladder on google, and i noticed a dramatic difference. honestly if you put specific model numbers or topics in your subjects you can pretty easily get hwc to post #1 on google.

krupted

krupted

I find it interesting to see where people are from and such, using profiles. We've got people from every corner of the world here....and some are not of this world it seems :p.
Of course, some people don't fill their's out completely, so I guess they feel that info is private :rolleyes:.

Paul

it can be a safety concern too. the more your name and info is duplicated out there the more risk you take. but i do agree that anything they can find out through profiles can also be found throught those damn isp addresses we all have and leave like breadcrumbs everyday.... more like high tech bread crumbs that have little gps trackers in them...

Associates