Quiet times ?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
It doesn't matter where I go on the net I always end up coming back here but I notice it's got a bit quiet in a lot of the forums, is everyone on holiday or something ?

DD :)

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
You'd be a good example and can tell us...I noticed you didn't post anything from January to August:eek:

That's almost enough time to have a baby:cool:

D

digitaldog

Still here!
You'd be a good example and can tell us... Sure, two deaths in my family and a serious car accident in which I was lucky to receive only minor injuries but lost three friends has meant that I haven't had much time to post on this board.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Ouch. Sorry to hear about your loss.

So there are all sorts of reasons why sites slow down/speed up. More and more people are using Google to find answers...And software/hardware makers are making it easier to find solutions.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
yeah a lot of the regulars seem to have drifted away over the last 2/3 years, and the other problem is that the new people who sign up don't seem to stick around for long. I guess HWC just doesn't have that 'critical mass' of users which keeps people coming back regularly.

E

ELF2000

Yeah a lot of new members who sign up to post about a problem leave when the problem is solved or if they figure it out.

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
ELF2000 said:
Yeah a lot of new members who sign up to post about a problem leave when the problem is solved or if they figure it out.
Drive-by postings. There is no obligation to stick around and help others. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? :p

ups4

ups4

Midknyte said:
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? :p
HWC is giving away free milk? How come I didn't get any. That stuff is as expensive as gas around here, and we go through about 3 gallons/week.:D

Paul

E

ELF2000

Midknyte said:
Drive-by postings. There is no obligation to stick around and help others. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? :p
Thats what I did wrong. I didn't leave and get my free milk. :p

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I think lots of people are "over" the Internet forum craze. It seems a lot of that attention is now being directed toward social networking sites. This is probably why the newer version of vBulletin forums includes social networking features.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
JPnyc said:
I think lots of people are "over" the Internet forum craze. It seems a lot of that attention is now being directed toward social networking sites. This is probably why the newer version of vBulletin forums includes social networking features.

It does? :confused: :eek:

ups4

ups4

JPnyc said:
While this may be true, for whatever reason :confused: , there's no substitute for good quality computer related information. This will always be in demand I think. With technology ever expanding and getting more complicated every day, forums like HWC will be a source of competent answers to questions from newbies and experienced computer users for some time to come.

Can you go to "My Face" and get this kind of quality? :D I think not.

Paul

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it does. With the newer version, you can customize your profile page the way you can on my space and all of that, as well as leave messages on people's profile pages, and quote multiple messages in threads. There's quite a few new features. We've already begun the upgrade process, not sure when this forum will get its.

That's true Paul, or at least we hope it is. I think the combined features in the new version may bring some people back.

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
Hopefully the social networking feature won't get compromised like Dunder Mifflin Infinity. :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Fan? LOL, I never HEARD of it :D. My TV only seems to work for sports, movies, and local news ;)

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
Dude, I pray to the church of ESPN as much as the next guy, but you gotta watch some other programming. :)

edhe62

edhe62

And to top it all off, it looks like nearly everybody that wantd to downgrade their Toshiba laptop to XP has manage to do it!!! :D

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
:D

If you total up all the views on the Toshiba Vista to XP threads, they probably total over half a million.

Associates