Quake 2 on the net

M

mikysee

How do I play Quake 2 on the internet? I want to play against a friend but how do I do it?

S

starsky

You need to enter the ip of a server into the address book...I haven't played in a while, and when i did, i was LAN. Check the web for the ip address of online servers, and both enter it. Or one of you can serve.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
One of you has to host the game (make the game) and the other gets to join the game (join game) under MP. Whoever is host has to let the other player knows his ip, so after connecting to the internet, run winipcfg (start, run, winipcfg). Once both sides know the ip of the host, the host creates a new multiplayer game under tcp/ip. Once the game is running, the other joins the game by MP, join game, tcp/ip and enters the host's ip address.

Please post if you have further questions.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
doh, yes it was and I don't have 2k. You may want to post this question in the software forum.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
yes, but if you are on dialup, this number will change everytime you log onto the internet. If you have cable/dsl, this number should (but not always) stay the same.

S

Salt

Make your life easy and go get gamespy, i dont use gamespy for games with good in-game bowsers, but quake2 definately benefits from gamespy (quake3 sorta does too, unfortunately)

------------------
Salt
Debaser.

Associates