PS2 games on other consoles!

G

ggyy

I've heard rumours saying that All PS2 games will also appear on Gamecube and that includes FFX. Can someone confirm this?

Thx for any comment!

M

Moraelin

I seriously doubt that ALL ps2 games will get ported. If nothing else, some of them are made by Sony itself.

E.g., can you really imagine Sony porting Gran Turismo 3 to a Nintendo console? I didn't see them porting GT2 to the N64.

Final Fantasy games I doubt even more. Nintendo refused to give Square a license to code for the GBA. I seriously doubt that in the case of the Gamecube it will be any different. The feud between Square and Nintendo is bigger than most people think. And I really can't see Nintendo getting rid of the "We're the big N, you don't f*** with us" attitude any time soon.

Briefly, I think that's just a wishful thinking rumour from some frustrated Nintendo fan. If you want PS2 games, your smartest bet is to get a PS2.

------------------
Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild

[This message has been edited by Moraelin (edited 11-09-2001).]

G

ggyy

Thx for the info, I hope it happens just like the way u said it, otherwise I'll be damn confused as which console I wanna get!

M

Moraelin

Mind you, I don't doubt that SOME games will get ported, by some of the third party developpers. E.g., you can probably expect Sega, Konami, Capcom and a few others to port at least _some_ of their games.

However, that there are quite a few good games on the PS2 made by Sony or Square, and THOSE I don't think you'll ever see ported.

------------------
Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild