Problem with the RTC and something else - I think?

G

goodtyneguy

Good day all,

I have a Lenovo G580 Notebook (Speccy attached), a hardware scan through the Lenovo Vantage app resulted in the following two warnings:

TEST_MOTHERBOARD_RTC_TEST:::2.1.3:::r:::1
TEST_SHORT_SELF_TEST:::1.1.5:::s:::1

I often leave my laptop on during the night with audio and video playing on repeat through the Films & TV app in Windows (Home) 10, however it stops playing. This coincides with the clock stopping. I guess the RTC in the report means Real Time Clock.

I recently replaced a failing (the original) 1TB HDD with a new Hitachi HDD of the same capacity. It was listed as compatible on the Lenovo website so I'm guessing they are nothing to do with this. I cloned the old drive and transferred its contents to the new drive so it has left doubts in my mind as to whether these warnings may have been caused by a corrupted operating system. Perhaps the solution would be to reinstall the operating system again, I understand there is a facility in windows 10 to do this.

I would be grateful if someone could diagnose what the problems are and if it is not just a case of an operating system reinstall is it something a reasonably competent DIYer could fix i.e me.

Thank you for reading and in anticipation of any help.

Attachments

Technoplume

Technoplume

Google this a little. It can be your battery for the BIOS that is getting old. Basically what I understand is the BIOS clock has delay with the OS clock.

Change Battery and run the test again. If the error is still there and your laptop is stable. Ignore it, google tell me it might be bad programing in Lenovo software.

G

goodtyneguy

Thank you for your help Technoplume, much appreciated. I will act on your suggestions!

Associates