Problem With SBLIVE IN DOS Cannot get sound

A

AmdMan

My dos game cannot use any sound please help !

C

collinj

Are you running in real mode dos?
Or are you running in a dos box?

If you are running in real mode dos, you will need to configure the cards dos settings with the dos control program that came with the card. The card will not automatically work with dos programs, you need to run the configuration manager to setup the dos parameters to run the card.

B

Big Daddy D

i got the same damn problem and i called up Creative and they where retards, i was on the line long-distance for 30 minutes too. Those bastards

A

AmdMan

Both In real Mode or dos box
in real mode the game hang and in dos box
it did not detect any sound card
i have use the software form Sblive
but it still does not work

Please help
those guy at creative have no idea

the card cost me US$233 plus two pcwork speaker.

Mole

Mole

Seeing Mole
Type:

SET

In your DOS prompt. You should see which set eviroments there is. There should be a line saying:

BLASTER=BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330

Or something similar.

Also, keep in mind that the SBLive only EMULATES the SB16/Pro. DOS games in protected modes won't work with this emulation. Not even the MIDI will work, since they don't use the MPU401 standard.

Older DOS games, which doesn't use protected mode, should in theory work with the emulation mode.

I think the SBLive can be classified as a Win9X only soundcard. Just forget of playing your old DOS games.

M

Masters

I have the same problem.. Sblive nothing will detect it in dos.(ie carmageddon, duke3d)..

In WIN98 it works fine.

Associates