PROBLEM WITH M717 OF PCCHIPS

J

JAYKAY

I HAVE M717 PCCHIP MB WITH ON BOARD SOUND PRO ON IT. THE O/S IS WIN98 WITH CELERON 266MHZ CPU.

I HAVE INSTALLED SOUNDCARD DRIVE HT1869 SUPPLIED ALONG WITH MB.

HOWEVER I AM UNABLE TO UINSTALL MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER 3D PRO GAMEPORT JOYSTICK ON IT. OTHERWISE ALL SOUND FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING PROERLY. FOR YOUR INFORMATION UNDER DEVICE MANGER THE WSS, SB16, SOFT MIDI, MPU401, JOYSTICK, GAMEPORT JOYSTICK ( ALL ABOVE ARE SHOWN AS C.MEDIA V.1.0) ARE SHOWN AS WORKING PROPERLY. THE I/O RESOURCE FOR GAMEPORT JOYSTICK IS 0200-0201. I TRIED TO DISABLE JOYSTICK AND INSTALL GAMEPORT JOYSTICK BUT IT STILL DIDNOT WORK.

UNDER GAME CONTROLLER THE STAUS OF ABOVE GAMEPORT JOYSTICK IS MENTIONED AS NOT CONNECTED.

HOW SHOULD I CORRECT THIS ?

FURTHER I AM UNABLE TO RECORD MY VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE. WHAT COPULD BE THE REASON - HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE? SUGGEST SUITABLE SOFTWARE & HARDWARE.

PLS HELP!!!

A

Check out the PC Chips web site. I can't remember if it is under technical, or FAQ, but they mention these very details ans have fixes for them.

www.pcchips.com.tw

C

collinj

You can leave out the tw on www.pcchips.com.tw just type www.pcchips.com it will take you there too, and is shorter to type and easier to remember. Goto the faq part on the listing for your motherboard to get all this information. They will have updates you can download that will fix the problems you are mentioning. But be advised, their server is really slow, so it may take a bit of time to download the patches.
Collin

Associates