Power Supply?

M

metallicanut55

Who are some Quality manufactures of power supplies?

What sould I look for when buying a power supply?

I plan on having a DVD drive, a CD-RW drive, 1 hard drive, a floppy drive, and a AMD 2200+ XP processor.

Also, do the case fans connect to the PS or the mobo?

Thanks,
--Mike

AMDs-PoOp

AMDs-PoOp

Enermax/Antec/Sparkle
Just connect it to the white plugs(hehe i dunno what its called) thats sticking out from the PSU.

Last edited:
Todd a

Todd a

I tend to stay away from Sparkle. They have some very good power supplies and some very bad power supplies and they are very hard to tell apart (just a few letters differant in the ID code). I really like Antec's new "True Power" power supplies. If you can afford it the 430w is a VERY nice one. It is almost cheaper to buy them in a case. NewEgg has them for $78 plus $7 shipping. Even the 330 is $53. They have Antec cases with the 330 in them and they run $110. That makes the PS half of the cost of the whole case. Man that sucks, but good power supplies cost quite a bit. Expect to pay $50-100.

Todd a

Todd a

Foxxcon and Deer ar pretty mid road. They are in a lot of budget cases, but they are AMD approved. Likey they will get the job done, but if you want a really good power supply, I'd stick with the Antec "True Power" myself. Even a 330w will outperform most 400w or more.

L

lutjens

Do not buy Deer at any time. Once, I saw one of them blow. The damn power supply glowed red for a while before dying. It was like a coffee can shaking the destroyed pieces of capacitor out. It was an older P3, but everything was dead, CPU, memory, video card and all drives.

Sparkle is a good power supply, but personally I use the Enermax 531W power supply and considering what it has to pull, it has done well. It never even gets warm to the touch.

The power supply is one of those computer parts that you buy the biggest and best of and never have to worry about it again. Don't cheap out on the power supply.:)