Post your computer sound system specs!

M

Martin_89

just got some B&W DM601 S3's from ebay today, just need to get an amp and some stands sorted out now.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Originally posted by Martin_89
just got some B&W DM601 S3's from ebay today, just need to get an amp and some stands sorted out now.
:D :D :D Join the club mate!

Wait until you hear them. You'll just sit in your room for hours and hours listening to all kinds of music.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Pft... someone talked him out of an AV amp and into a NAD stereo amp... he's gonna have a better sounding system than me :mad: ;) :D

Just make sure you enjoy it Martin. I bet it'll sound awesome!

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Originally posted by MuFu
Not a big enough upgrade.
Hmm, that's quite similar to what the guy told me when I was demoing my speakers.

He said that the Quad's aren't as good as people make out.

The PMC's look good though! Never thought you would have floorstanders.

M

Martin_89

got my 601's today. They look amazing but sadly i still cant test them.

wish my uncle would hurry up and finish a job i helped him with so he can pay me! then i can get my amp :)

MuFu

MuFu

Originally posted by agw_01
Hmm, that's quite similar to what the guy told me when I was demoing my speakers.

He said that the Quad's aren't as good as people make out.
Well, I like them but it'd be a waste of money. Not substantially better than the B&Ws.

The PMC's look good though! Never thought you would have floorstanders.
I don't know yet. The PMC's are apparently absolutely incredible for the money (which is £1k so they'd better be good!). I have a big bedroom again next year and with the sub hooked up to the HTPC I might look at something slightly more substantial for it.

Probably not though... all this can wait till I graduate.

G

Gary73UK

Okay here's some pics of my setup:

(Rotel RMB-1075 5x 120watt Power, Rotel RSP-1066 Processor, NAD C541i CD Player, Toshiba DVD Player (Denon Jossed it), Sky+ & Bush MTT1 Turntable)

B&W DM602 S3 Front's / B&W LCR60 Centre Speaker / Dell 20" TFT / Apple G5 Dual 1.8 / PC + Cornerstone 21" CRT

B&W ASW650 Subwoofer

Luma Draper 110" 16x9 Screen

Sony 16x9 Projector

B&W DM601 S3 Surround Speakers

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Woot just got some B&W 602's for the bargain price of 130 of my english pounds :D

Only one arrived today though but just have that connected on its own at the minute and i'm really impressed comparred to my old TDL KV1's.

Hadn't listened to them previously as was a massivly impulse buy and when i first connected it i wasn't too happy but now its warmed up it sounds fantastic :D

The Chemical Brothers have never sounded so good

Associates