Post your computer sound system specs!

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Audigy 2 and Creative Inspire 4.1s. I must say, I love the results. I get good range on the speakers, and the Audigy 2 is crystal clear. I'm hearing things in songs that I never noticed before, of course that could all just be in my head. :)

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
I am using sb live and logitech z-680s but I will soon be upgrading to an audigy 2 with optical out to my z-680s.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Originally posted by ThreeOnTheTree
Audigy 2 and Creative Inspire 4.1s. I must say, I love the results. I get good range on the speakers, and the Audigy 2 is crystal clear. I'm hearing things in songs that I never noticed before, of course that could all just be in my head. :)
Think I should get a new sound card then :D What did you have before?

scutzi128, good decision! :D

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
Actually Im going analog out to them because mufu convinced me it was better that way.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Think I should get a new sound card then What did you have before?
If you are still using what is in your sig, then yes. ;)
I used to have the MCPt2-nForce2 audio, which I thought sounded way better than my old Muse XL. I ended up selling my A7N8X deluxe to my brother, so I dropped some cash on an Audigy2, since the onboard sound I have now sux. All I can say is that the Audigy2 produces some of the best sound I've ever heard, and I already thought that my old nForce2 audio was pretty darn good.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Well ThreeOnTheTree, I'm only using the soundcard in my sig for another couple of hours... I hope :D because I'm going to get my XP 2200, which means that I can go back to my nice machine with a Radeon 9500 and SB Live 5.1 :D

Oh, so you were using the nForce 2 audio? What's it like compared to the Audigy 2? Slight quality difference, or major quality difference?

I'm going to get an M-Audio Revo 7.1 for my birthday (October) so that should leave me feeling pretty chuffed :D Nice co-ax output aswell, so I'll be able to feed it straight into the digital co-ax in on my amp... if I still have it.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
P4 3.06 - Audigy 2 and Creative Inspire 6.1 Speakers. :)

P4 2.2 - SB Live 5.1 and Creative Inspire 4.1 Speakers. :)

Others are in my Sig.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Oh, so you were using the nForce 2 audio? What's it like compared to the Audigy 2? Slight quality difference, or major quality difference?
Nforce2 was really good, Audigy 2 sounds a little better, though it's hard to judge sound quality in measurable terms. I 'd have to say that the clarity and range of the Audigy2 is a bit better, but both are distortion free, even at high volume levels. I've never owned a SB live!, but I did own a SB 512, but it croaked (bad PS I think). Since Jankerson owns both cards, maybe you should press him for a comparison. ;)

Jankerson,
I see you are a repeat buyer of Creative Inspire speakers, I take it you like the sound?

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator

Jankerson,
I see you are a repeat buyer of Creative Inspire speakers, I take it you like the sound?

Yes, very nice sound indeed..:D

I am sure there are better speakers out there (That cost alot more) but to me they sound great. :D

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator

I 'd have to say that the clarity and range of the Audigy2 is a bit better, but both are distortion free, even at high volume levels. I've never owned a SB live!, but I did own a SB 512, but it croaked (bad PS I think). Since Jankerson owns both cards, maybe you should press him for a comparison. ;)

If you look at my Sig I have:

• Audigy 2
  • SB Live 5.1
  • SB Live
  • SB PCI 128

Huge difference between the SB Lives and the Audigy 2.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by scutzi128
Does the audigy2 put out higher levels of sound then the sb live?

Yes the sound is alot clearer than with the SB Live cards, more of a range. Crisp clean sound.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Thanks ThreeOnTheTree and jankerson for the help and advice :)

Got my new CPU yesterday (nice one RecklessLeper) so could finally go back to my Live 5.1! What a massive difference there is between the SB128 and the Live!

Can't wait to upgrade to a better soundcard, and see what it sounds like :cool:

deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
its all standard line level analog output (5V i think), unless you mean in terms of headphones. your speakers and amplifier create volume

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by scutzi128
Jankerson I mean is the Audigy 2 louder then the SB live?

I can say it is clearer, so you can play music louder. But then I don't listen to really loud music these days anyway.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
this is my new setup, B&W 601s3s, Rotel RB-03 power amp. Getting the m-audio revo7.1 next week - using a Live! at the mo for a pre-amp.

Setup isn't idea at the mo, as my room is too small - I have better stands up in Manchester which I use for the rest of the year, and everything's better spaced out..

Attachments

Associates