Post your computer sound system specs!

MuFu

MuFu

Heh, nice! That sub working out for you, ok? Integration can be pretty tricky sometimes, especially when not using the high-level connection.

I just got a new sub too...

Should be here by Wednesday. Perhaps a slight downgrade from the Q100E, but it is *so* much smaller I'm sure it'll be worth it.

MuFu.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Oh wicked!!! You got the Pro-100 :D

Can't wait to hear what you think of it :)

Yeah, that eltax sub is very nice, especially for the money I paid for it :D Blends in very well indeed, and never overpowers the Mission speakers if I have the sub set to half volume.

O

Ormie

I have the SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum which are supported by cambridge soundworks FPS1600 could do with ugrading the speakers, any of you know any speakers that would go well with the souncard

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Welcome Ormie, glad to see you finally activated your account... now I can take the p*ss out of you in college when you go on HWC :D

I thought you liked the speakers? I always hear of people being impressed by the recent Logitech speakers (Z-series???) so perhaps it would be worth picking up a nice 5.1 set.

On the other hand, get yourself a nice stereo system and use that. Beats the hell out of a sub/sat combination.

Let me know what you think.
Cya in college on monday.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Hmm, a little late, but:

Marantz PM66se Amplifier
Eltax Liberty 3+ Speakers
Atacama Nexus 6 Stands
etc, etc.

Low end HiFi stuff basically. Might get a receiver soon and sort out a decent 5.1 rig. Looking to spend quite a bit of cash on it tho.. so I'm holding back for a while.

MuFu

MuFu

Nice case. ;)

Waited a month for my Ref100 end and still it hadn't arrived because MJA initially couldn't meet demand and soon ran out of drivers, doh. Was a bit of a godsend though because a far better offer came up from British sub-designing legends, BKE...

It was part of a stock over-run so I got it at cost price (£250 vs. £599 retail, hehe). Luuuurrrrrrvely, clean, trouser-flapping sub-bass... :D

MuFu.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
CenturionStrategy, nice looking set-up you got there :)

Don't go 5.1... I wish I had got a nice stereo amp rather than my Yamaha Reciever :mad: And don't ask me why, coz I don't know :D

MuFu... :D :cool: :D :cool: :D lol

krupted

krupted

i agree, i have surround, but i dont use it. For music, i find the acoustic stereo mode ( as long as you have your speakers pointed the right direction ) provides better sound positioning, and more power:D It sounds more like surrond sound than 5.1 does.

For movies, the surroundsound is nice though...

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
I agree totally :)

Yes, the stereo mode is a lot better... I actually have both pairs of my speakers plugged into the main speaker outputs (2 pairs) rather then having the rear speakers plugged into the rear outputs.

Just means I can't use a surround source to its full potential... but it doesn't bother me... because it sounds so much sharper! ;)

MuFu

MuFu

Originally posted by agw_01
I agree totally :)

Yes, the stereo mode is a lot better... I actually have both pairs of my speakers plugged into the main speaker outputs (2 pairs) rather then having the rear speakers plugged into the rear outputs.

Just means I can't use a surround source to its full potential... but it doesn't bother me... because it sounds so much sharper! ;)
:eek:

MuFu.

MuFu

MuFu

No, not "lol" at all. LOL. :D

So you have a receiver, but you have 4 speakers hooked up to the front speaker terminals and no rears??? =\

MuFu.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Exactly :D

The Yamaha has 2 pairs of front speaker outputs, and I now have my Mission 700s on top of my 702e's, so it made sense to just wire both pairs of speakers into both pairs of speaker outputs.

Also, when I have the "5 Channel Surround" mode on, there is a very slight noise interference if I turn the volume up high :confused: so it must be degrading the sound quality.

Also, those 700s sound absolutely amazing, because the tweeters are at the same height as my ears... and so sound way better than my 702e's. Although, if I sit on the floor so the 702e's tweeters are in line with my ears, they sound good aswell... but I normally just sit at my desk all day, so I like having the 700s on for that extra bit of treble.

Also, integration with the sub is also a lot better with the 700s :confused:

SexyMF

SexyMF

Multiphasic
nForce2 digital-out to a Denon AVR-1601 (60Wx6)
200WRMS Carbon Fibre subwoofer running from a custom built 300WRMS amp. 5 Satellite speakers.

The best bit is that its physically set-up for proper 5.1 sound, I decided to screw speaker supports into my rented property:D

Gaming is so much easier with 4.1/5.1 surround sound setups.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Originally posted by SexyMF
.... I decided to screw speaker supports into my rented property:D ....
and this is why you always turn-off the lights before you give landlord his key back, get the collateral and run like hell :D

K62

K62

Sailor

those altecs along with Nvidia Soundstorm audio.. I know they are cheap, but theyre good enought for me :D

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
Just got my 'home entertainment system' set up.

Pioneer 3-Way 150W bookshelf speakers

are wired to a Teac reciever (not terribly impressive)

which is wired to my SB Audigy MP3+

Creative 2.1s are also wired to the audigy for system sound, and I use the pioneers for music

Other output on reciever is wired to my Hitachi dvd/vhs player via coax for 4.1 when I want it (using 2400s as rear speakers)

and that's wired to my Philips 20" tv

All in all, for a room size of 10'x8' and purchased out of the pockets of an 18 year old (me), I am very happy with it. :)

Sean

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
BTW, if I could have afforded to buy sam_fisher's Klipsch Promedia's right off the bat, I would have done it gladly. :)

Sean

Last edited:

Associates