Post your computer sound system specs!

deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
Originally posted by agw_01
deltree_windows... :eek: love that amplifier.

you did prank calls? do you still do them coz i would love to hear some of em. lolol... the smurfs :D

i had no way to record the phone calls, never got the OK to hard wire a line out from the phone (it wasnt mine). i did try, however

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
:( ahhhhh, i see.

still, bet it was a lot of fun :D i would have p*ss*d myself (i always do when making prank calls) lol

MuFu

MuFu

Hey, it's nice to see so many people using something other than a pair of crappy computer speakers for sound. I'm sure a couple of years ago a thread like this wouldn't have turned out so many posts with decent gear in them. I was just using crappy 2W jobbies back then. :-\

I've never seen "serious" Klipsch speakers before. I know they have a pretty good reputation in the States, but over here we only get their PC solutions and the Home Cinema ranges are virtually unheard of.

MuFu.

O

outside looking in

Bah. Erm... Eh? Bleh!
I've never really been a fan of Klipsch speakers (though I like the ones on one of my computer systems).

I heard a pair made in the 70's I believe that were humongous, and they sounded pretty decent, but nothing phenomenal. Don't get me wrong, their new speakers sound damn fine, but in each price category there are a dozen or two alternatives that sound better.

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Well, its not as impressive as some of these systems:

Creative Labs Audigy 2 Platinum with optical out to my Aiwa 500 Watt Shelf System and meshed with my klipsch 2.1 promedia system (for a little extra bass), 22" Monitor

NOt as nice as with that sweet 50"projection TV, but it works for me

D

dfgsd

i really liked my klipsch speakers when i heard em. for the price i found nothing i liked as much, even other klipsch. and they get hella loud(98db sensitivity), if you are into that kinda thing. i compared against alot of speakers and read tons of reviews and it seems everyone liked em...

V

venom650_19

100% Hard-Core Gamer
I was using a TurtleBeach:Santa Cruz...but I sold that to buy a T-Bred 2100+ and started using the onboard NVidia Soundstorm.

My PC audio setup:

NVidia Soundstorm audio
Logitech Z560's

More than adequate for my needs. Any louder and the guy in the apartment below me(who keeps rapping on the cieling with his broom because of me:D ) will have a coronary.

deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
Originally posted by MuFu
If you could get pics that'd be awesome. Building speakers sure has a certain appeal; expense, to name but one!
i believe i shall have pics posted friday (finally, after about 4-5 years) :D

MuFu

MuFu

...and they say rock 'n' roll is dead! ;)

Cheers - interesting (and frankly, quite scary) pics. :D

MuFu.

deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
sorry, i posted and ran away for a week. the only way i could get the camera was to take a friend to mardi gras. its also why the room is a mess, i made a mad dash to pack a bunch of video stuff before leaving.

i built the dark speakers in 1998, the lighter ones a year and a half later. their specs are listed on the first page of the thread:

4-way homemade speaker box pair
10" Eminence low woofer, 10" Pyramid mid woofer, 6" MCM midrange, motorola horn tweeter, 300W RMS @ 8ohms, 10"x15"x32"

3-way homemade speaker box pair
12" MCM woofer, 8" Pyle midrange, motorola horn tweeter, 500W RMS @ 8ohms, 16"x17"x32"

when i was in college, it did draw a few complaints (there were an extra 2 of the bigger speakers at one point), but only a few since the sound spread so far away no one knew where it was really coming from. where i live now, i only have 1 other house nearby which luckily is filled with rednecks who dont care.

the huge green thing was my first speaker box. that's a 15" aluminum driver thats only for the guitar amps. the ugly there is on purpose. all other ugly is purely coincidental

Originally posted by Arris

"Cannot connect to remote server" :(
hmmm. its my home server and isnt wholly reliable. looks ok now

A

Arris

Ah... got them now ;)
I guessed it might be your own server and that was why I couldn't see the pics...

Anyway little update for me

Now Audigy2 with Sony headphones, Sony Home Cinema System.

deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
oh, wait, i just remembered: the night i posted those, i shut off the noisy server because the room was being used. smooth move on my part :rolleyes:

A

Arris

Originally posted by deltree_windows
oh, wait, i just remembered: the night i posted those, i shut off the noisy server because the room was being used. smooth move on my part :rolleyes:
LOL Nice one :D

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
You people are nuts! All I have is a nice TB Santa Cruz and a set of Boston Acoustic BA7500s. I have a pretty decent home stereo, too.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
I've just updated my post with decent pics. If you are interested, they are on page 2 (i think) :D

Associates