Playing videos causes crashes :(

Astralogic

Astralogic

Hi, I'm running Windows 8, and whenever I play a video file I can put it full screen and watch it, but if I move the mouse the videoplayer will crash, no matter what video player I use and I've tried many. I do have a few second at the start of playback to put the video full screen and move the mouse around without consequence.

The problem less on non-HD video's, and streaming through YouTube etc plays fine.

This is an infuriating problem, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

glussier

glussier

What hardware are you using? Upgrading the video driver might solve your problem.

Astralogic

Astralogic

I've had this problem for months and nVidia have released updated drivers many times and it has never affected the problem. Actually the problem has dissapeared for a bit on occasion.

I'm running GTX 980 SLI
MSI z78gd65
i7 4770K
16gb ram

Astralogic

Astralogic

THe video will freeze (and the player too), I have to go to task manager and end the process.

I have had a bit of success here, in zoom player I changed the rendered from Halis Media Spliter to MAdVR, the crashing has stopped but this rendered causes screen tearing, I'll go through all the renderers and see if any work perfectly.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I would try a different player. Like windows media player, media player classic, etc.

Astralogic

Astralogic

I would try a different player. Like windows media player, media player classic, etc.
Ive tried them all, it doesn't matter what player I use. Maybe something going wrong with the codecs?

glussier

glussier

There could be something wrong with your codecs. But, have you tried disabling sli to see if it could fix the problem?

Associates