PIII heat limit???

B

BigPapaPump

I have a PIII 700 and acording to Motherboard monitor it gets up to 36C at the original speed. Does anyone know how hot these CPU's can handle?? I'm using a Asus P3v4x MB. Could there be a problem? I checked the heatsink/fan its an ALpha and it appears to be mounted correctly and working fine. thanks for the help

------------------
I'm A Genetic Freak!!!

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Okay, first of all, the P3V4X has a problem with the thermal probe. It's never usually correct.

Secondly, the Coppermine's will run at about 38ºC on a full load so 36ºC is still within a good range.

I'd say you're in danger if you're hitting temps of about 48 - 49ºC.

B

BigPapaPump

is there anyway to fix the thermal prob problem?? I guess thats cool, SO low 40's would be ok?? Is that the temp according to the thermal probe or the real temp?
thanks toolbox

------------------
I'm A Genetic Freak!!!

U

Utini

I'd personally only be worried if the chip started breaking into the 50's. (Although wouldnt like to run in the high 40's for a long time).
Dont be worried about 36c, thats fine.

B

BigPapaPump

I've been using Motherboard monitor 4.18. Is 4.17 better should i look for the older version? I have the server verion running at 1008mhz and it says 33c that just sounds too good to be true. Kind of worries me, but its been perfectly stable.

------------------
I'm A Genetic Freak!!!

S

S_Klass

They are similar. 4.18 is slightly newer and supports some newer chips.

------------------
-=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Associates