Pelt wire hookup??

H

Hardware911

which wire goes where on a 300wat atx P/S...where should i grab the pos. and neg from?

T

TNproud2b

positive from a yellow hard drive wire(12v). negative from case ground or black hard drive wire.

H

Hardware911

the CD plugs r the same right?

stupid question....forget it i tried it it works thanks

[This message has been edited by Hardware911 (edited 03-31-2000).]

T

TNproud2b

make sure you hook that thing up correctly. A peltier works great in reverse, too. The first time I booted with the watercooled peltiers I saw 177F CPU temps because I had the peltiers backward in the waterblocks while I matched up the red and black wires.

T

TNproud2b

Any yellow wire coming from the power supply should be +12v. The red ones are +5v.

H

Hardware911

this is why i stuck the wires in to see which side was which...man that thing got cold!!! and hot too!!!! im gonna hook up the snowball 71 to my G-Force first then the frost 72 to the cpu...maybe reverse that because the vid runs so hot...ill have to play around and see whats best...hope this 300wat will run em both

M

_MAD_

If they not are marked, how can i see what side the heat comes from.. i mean. i cant just turn the damn thing on and place my hand over it... or? as far as i know heat and cold can be bad for a human skin..

T

TNproud2b

turn it on while you hold it between both palms. It will be obvious then. No, it won't burn you..if you're quick.