PCI+ISA soundcard in 1 PC

B

Baar

I'm going to buy an pci-soundcard. Is it possible to install the pci-soundcard and my old isa sb16 at the same time?
(because of problems with pci-cards and dosgames)

C

collinj

Yes, depending on the manufacturer of the card. You only have to make sure the dos card has the resources reserved for it for your dos games, and the i/o addresses and irq's in the system manager do not conflict for win use, and you have the pci card selected as the primary audio device in windows.

This should not be too much of a hastle, You may have more problems with going to a sb live or pci 128, because they are both from the same manufacturer, and they will want to use the same i/o addresses and channels in windows. Just make sure you have free irq's and the system manager does not show conflicst. Resolve any conflics that may show, and you should not have any problems.

B

Baar

OK, I've a SB16 by creative (labs?) and I'm going to buy a AWE64-pci. Would it work when both cards are installed?

B

Blobby

If you are buying a SB card (which you are...) then it is bound to be SB compatible (unless you have some strange conflict)

Associates