PC Audio help for reciever

T

token_howlie

I am looking to hook up my sound card through a 7.1 analog connection. My receiver has direct connections I can use, but I need the correct cables. I need a 3.5mm to RCA but I don't know if I what I can use to get 7.1... I have a AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 sound card, and will hook it up through the optical as soon as I can download the drivers for DTS ect... will something like this work for 7.1???
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812149118

Any help or info about get'n real 7.1 audio through my receiver would be greatly appreciated (not pro logic ect.)

krupted

krupted

nice cable but you can get the same thing for much cheaper- http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

in any case. you want an analog 7.1 surround sound connection with rca/3.5mm cables and optical as well? that is terribly confusing man.

your best route is to get an optical cable from monoprice for about $5. that one optical cable will carry the full 7.1 signal.

if you have to use rca cables, that one you listed will work fine, but youll need 3 of them at least. each cable carries one left/right pair of speakers. so one cable will cover the two fronts, another will carry the rears, and the last will get the center speaker and sub... get it?

T

token_howlie

Thanks for the help, if I use the optical cable will I get 7.1? I had a x-fi card and the only way I could get 7.1 was with an analog connection. Now I am building a new computer and will be putting in the Auzen X-FI Prelude 7.1, will my reciever decode a digital signal in 7.1 using optical or will it be a pro-logic signal???

B

biglilsteve

The only way you'll be able to carry a digital signal from your X-Fi card is if it has the 5.25" front bay with all the digital optical and coaxial inputs/outputs. Also, a lot of motherboards are coming with digital optical/coaxial built right in so think about that as well. Chances are that your receiver will decode the full DTS/Dolby Digital signal in 7.1 if it has an optical input. What is the model of your receiver?

G

Gradlock

Is this your card? If it is, and if your receiver supports it then you should just have to hook it up to the digital input ot the receiver. Digital is definitely the best route, especially if you want good 7.1 sound.

Associates