Overheating problem, urgent!

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Ok so its about 33 degrees tonight, and my computer manually restarted, i checked the comps temp and it was 55-60 degrees with a household fan running at it without the household fan it was on 70 degrees?!
This is an AMD Phenom 9950BE @ 2.6ghz (stock)

with the Artic Cooling Freezer Extreme heatsink (REV 1)

I have a side fan and a front fan but no back fan.. they are both intake.. the sidefan is useless you can hardly feel the air coming out the back of it..

So any options please???!!

Cheers, Matt

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Fan is spinning, but im not sure its spinning at 1500RPM..lol

Do i really have to remount the heatsink?? its a pain in the A*S

Matt.

Shinma

Shinma

Stated temps are higher than normal, even after factoring in the room temp.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
damn i should of listened.. not to buy the Freezer Extreme -.- now im seeing the real results when its starting to become summer in australia

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Hmm temp seems to be loweing now, room temp has dropped 10 degrees O.O (21degrees)
So night has kicked in and its cool.
CPU Idle temp is about 38degrees average now..

But still the temp shouldnt be that high..correct?

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
It goes crazy if my room temp goes up 10 degrees, so something isnt right..

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
The Arctic Cooling HSFs are good, just not the quietest under load. If the HSF mounting is okay (read the Arctic Silver application instructions on their website for detailed tips, no matter whose compound you're using) consider the airflow through the case. No HSF can do a good job if the hot air gets trapped in the case and recycled. You need intake and exhaust, not necessarily fans on both, but you need the openings and you need them without major obstructions or restrictive grilles. Consider the airflow. How will it move, will there be turbulence or a smooth flow, will fans be interfering with each other? You should have a clear idea of how the overall airflow will work. Just throwing fans at a case isn't necessarily going to help.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Ok i made a drawing below of my fans airflow just read the diagram and youll be right, then have your say to tell me what you think of if any fans are helping or not.

Cheers, Matt

Attachments

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Oh and also, i dont care how loud it is underload to be honest.. I was wondering if i can somehow make the fan spin faster in the heatsink. (1500>RPM)

Associates