Overclocking my Handspring Visor Deluxe PDA

U

Ultim8_Evil

yes, it is possible. just thought i'd leave this little gem in here coz i cant compete with the watercooling and freon systems u guys play with.

i've used Afterburner 3.1 and Quickbits 1.0c to o/c my Handspring Visor Deluxe's Dragonball EZ CPU from 16mhz to 42mhz... in some benchmarks this is running the equivalent of 7 times it's original speed! plus there's no damage caused by heat... the only downside is battery life!

not blistering athlon/P4 speeds i know, but it's a change from the norm :)

NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak

rm -rf /
hehe

I did this to my ti86 too. Some said whats the point, I say anything for free speed. It plays pac-man now too. LOL

U

Ultim8_Evil

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bang blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

erm no :D

if it has a cpu, try to overclock it, that's the general rule

MuFu

MuFu

I overclocked my hard drive LED. It was blue, now it is UV and I can actually get a tan on my leg from sitting next to my PC for a long time.

MuFu.

P.S. Ah yes.... we also overclocked our tumble dryer and now it incinerates clothes.

D

DuronClocker

My microwave is now lethal if you stand in front of it for 0.32587148375 seconds. I calculated that out by doing some suepr special math or something... right... :rolleyes:

Btw, OCing that Ti86... my Ti83+ pisses me off with how slow it is to graph sometimes. I know what I need to do it, but does OCing it make EVERYTHING, including the games, run that much faster, or are the games set on like a timing thing?

grover

grover

Ex pert
I've been overclocking my Palm Vx too :) Got it OCd from 20MHz to at 30MHz- damn these things have passive OC potential... I'm only overclocking certain programs that make use of the extra speed, though. I mean, the address book isn't exactly taxing the CPU and I'd rather have battery life. But for find and mapopolis, etc...

Beware that changing the clock speed of your palm OS PDA will f-up the IR port, as it will be unable to properly connect to PDAs on a different frequency.

Last edited:
NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak

rm -rf /
Originally posted by DuronClocker
Btw, OCing that Ti86... my Ti83+ pisses me off with how slow it is to graph sometimes. I know what I need to do it, but does OCing it make EVERYTHING, including the games, run that much faster, or are the games set on like a timing thing?
The games are just program written in that funky language for the calcs. The Pac-man on mine was barely playable when I downloaded it, but now it's great. It's fun to take to the budget mettings, and be playing pac-man while they drone on.