Overclocking (help PLEASE)

T

The Preacher

In overclocking what roll does the voltage play (2.2,thru 2.9) in the performance of a P233 chip. What are the best setting to use. I have tried to overclock it and it reboots when the monitor refreshes. The settings I used are 3.5x, 75mhz and 83mhz. The voltage setting was 2.9, could this be the problem?(Recommended by intel (2.9v))

R

rockinwy

sounds like maybe your video card is having a hard time with the busspeed if it is rebooting every time the video card kicks in a different refresh setting on boot up, try booting into safe mode by holding the ctrl key after the bios screen and see what happens.

R

rockinwy

I geuss I dont quite understand what you mean, monitors dont refresh, they have a picture refresh rate and that is dictated by the video card and normally that only changes when windows boots up and sometimes when certain programs override the video card setting. sorry I couldnt be of help there.

Dimarini

Dimarini

If it is a TX based motherboard the PCI bus is going to be at 1/2 of the FSB. So at 83Mhz PCI will be at 41.5, which is too fast for most PCI peripherals. I have had a similar setup overclocked at 75 FSB.

T

The Preacher

So it is safe to say, "If you have a PCI card installed on you Mobo, you can't over clock your system". Because the FSB won't take anything over 33mhz.

G

George Fitch

I had a similar problem with P233 mobo with a TX chipset and a Voodoo3-2000 but I thought it was my 72 pin simms that was the weak link. Well it looks like its time to upgrade.

G

Geoff

the monitor refreshes at least 60 times a second. Your computer must sure be rebooting a lot......

S

Soul Apathy

Alright...let's end this, k...His Video card is re-initializing...As mentioned before, this is most likely causing corrupted data to flow through the bus...it only takes 1 bit of corrupted data to cause strange things to happen...especially when overclocking...personally...I would just get a newer C300...better chipsets...cheap (if you can find them) easy to o/c...