Overclocking a PIII450

M

Manchas

I already overclocked my PIII [email protected], my cpu is a SL3CC Malay, i have PC100 8ns 128MB, MB is a Asua P2B-F, 1 HD IBM 7200RPM 10GB, and one Quantum 2.5 GB, temp at idle is about 35ºc, and running QuakeII it raises to 41ºC, is this temps ok? im planning to change the fsb to 124/31, will it get more hot? i use the original heatsink and fan, and i installed a big fan blowing on the cpu and 2 more small fans, and my case have 1 other fan in the front pushing air in, and 2 in the back blowing air out of the case. im not using an AGP card just a pci from matrox.
any suggstions will be welcome
thanks

M

Manchas

i have try it at 558 already and the temp were the same at idle (35ºC), i havent time yet to test it with quakeii demo, i will tonight, any way i would like to know if i get the same temp as i did at 504 running a hard 3d game, can i try to overclock it to higher frequencies, or should i get some better heatsink. i guess my 3dfx card is getting a little bit hot, i gues i will put one fan there also
thanks in advance

T

TNproud2b

Your temps are alright. You've got a little room before you need to be concerned. 45C is considered hot by most folks around here. Plan to upgrade the CPU heatsink in the near future. Yes, raising FSB will increase the cpu temp. Anytime you raise the speed or voltage of the cpu, you're adding heat as well. A cooler CPU tends to be more stable than a hotter one. BUT, raising voltage can add stability to an otherwise unstable overclocking setup. You'll add heat,too, but its worth a try. You might want to stay away from the voltage increase until you get a proper heatsink/fan. Its not like your P3 is gonna fry instantly from heat. If you overclock and are running stable but a little hot(under45C,that is), you probably aren't doing any damage at all to your P3 chip. A big,cheap heatsink will make you feel a lot better.

D

Dillon

I am trying to get a p3 500 up to 600, but the soalrtech orb is wayyyy too big, any suggestions

D

DuronClocker

41*C is perfectly fine. Figure you're peachy up til 50*C, and "ok" til about 55*C.

8ns RAM should be good for 125MHz, so that won't be holding you back until you pass 125MHz (theoretically).

Good luck with OCing the chip and I hope you reach your goals :)

Associates