OS installation

N

Novice

Hello,
I just recently formatted my HD to clean it up. Now, I can't even load my Windows 95 from a diskette. It boots fine but as soon as I put in in the "setup" diskette, it just stops reading. What's wrong? I thought this would be an easier way than installing from the CD-ROM, since I will have to load the driver for the CD-ROM so my system will know that I have a CD-ROM installed. Can anybody out there help me with this problem?

T

tristen

K this is what you do. Put your 95 boot disk in turn yer computer on boot completely, then type in "format c:/s" (just to be on the safe side instead of typing sys c: ) Type in "a:" & press enter, Now type in "copy mscdex.exe c:" press enter Now the second step is do you have the driver for your Cd-Rom? If not I have a Universal driver for Cd-Roms that I will e-mail to you. Install yer Cd-rom driver pop Win95 in Cd-Rom and presto.

T

tristen

K this is what you do. Put your 95 boot disk in turn yer computer on boot completely, then type in "format c:/s" (just to be on the safe side instead of typing sys c: ) Type in "a:" & press enter, Now type in "copy mscdex.exe c:" press enter Now the second step is do you have the driver for your Cd-Rom? If not I have a Universal driver for Cd-Roms that I will e-mail to you. Install yer Cd-rom driver pop Win95 in Cd-Rom and presto.

Associates