Opposing Force registry help..where da key?

G

g13

Can someone tell me where to get the registration key for Opposing Force from the registry? Due to a losing battle with a virus (and an excellent excuse to upgrade my machine) I'm wiping my hard drive completely and starting over. Before I do so I've been getting all of my keys from the registry and have gotten my Valve HL key but can't seem to find the one for Gearbox. Can anyone direct me?

Please note that I am not asking for the key, it's in there somewhere I just need to know where. Also I know you can generate keys at gamecopyworld but I'm not interested. My attempts at Sierra tech support usually get me nice generic responses which get me nowhere. Thanks for your help.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Good question; I just searched my registry and it found entries of OF, but no reg key entries. Does it store it locally like q3a does?

G

g13

Perhaps it doesn't Huge but I find that peculiar since HL does. If I had previously registered they may be able to send it to me but I doubt it. No big loss since I had completed the single player and never really played multi but you just hate to throw money away. Thank you very much for checking Huge.

J

jeff_w

I've also been unable to find the Opposing Force key in my registry. Sorry, man.

[This message has been edited by jeff_w (edited 08-24-2000).]

L

LastLegionary

It is not stored in the registry. Rather I think they follow Blizzard's method of encrypting it at the end of one important file, in Blizzard's case the main MPQ file. You are not supposed to alter they key once you typed it in. Why don't you use the box key?