Old posts

J

jopey

I know everyone says that old posts should be deleted. how bout we set up a user voting system and take votes and see what HWC should do.

I vote delete the ones older than 6 months old

------------------
WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

R

Rich

There is a lot of good technical info in those old posts. When I am having computer problems I do a search first to see if I can find an answer before i make my own post.
I hope all the old posts stay myself.

Rich

------------------
Done.
Press any key to continue . . .

J

jopey

with Rich or me?

------------------
WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

fx

fx

Rich has a point. Keep the older posts. But what about disk space. Sooner or later HWC will have more members and more posts, what then ?

J

Jefftee

We will be keeping the old posts. There is a lot of good information in them. As for disk space, don't worry about that, we'll have enough

[This message has been edited by Jefftee (edited 03-23-2000).]

butchsor

butchsor

Totally agree with Rich.
Please do not delete old posts!!!

I'm starting to save old posts in my
new 17gb HD for me to start my idea of
making a book out of the forum discussions here but only written on Philippine language.

Do I need to ask permission to HWC???

------------------
  • Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
It has actually been a while since I posted here at HWC. I think my last was sometime in November last year (except for the very recent ones in the last few days). Reason being concentration on work (and at present, school).

But during all that time, I was still getting numerous emails from people requesting assistance and further information, on posts I had made many months ago. Half the time I didn't know what they were talking about, because they were directly refering to a post I hadn't seen in ages, but all the same, it shows those old posts are still useful for something

Good to hear they're staying...

Associates