Okay, who's playing the Red Faction Demo?

C

Chiles4

It's been out for 5 days at 3dfiles.com. Anybody playing it?

------------------
Re-elect Gore-Lieberman!

KilrB

KilrB

3rd Member
Yes, and I like it alot! It reminds me of the first time I played HL. To some that seems like a joke, but I relate it as to how much fun I was having playing the demo.

The thing they are promoting most is the "Geo-Mod™ technology, the ability to completely alter and destroy the environment in real-time. " Which I think is neat and it adds alot to the game were as you are no longer bound buy a certain path to reach you destination.

But, what I liked best is the characture facial animations. Very smooth and they just plain look better that other games i've seen so far.

------------------
KilrB's PC

A

Arris

I played it on PS2 and it wasn't bad but using a control pad in a FPS has never been nice. I downloaded the demo and it runs ok on my 366PII, 128mb ram laptop in 800x600.
Apart from slightly improved graphics and geo mod, this doesn't really differ much from the halflife series. I was looking for something with more of a kick to it from Volition. Saying that I only played the first couple of levels on the PS2. Maybe it gets better the further you get into it.

------------------
Athlon 1Ghz
Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 Motherboard
ASUS 8200 Geforce 3 Pure
Aureal Vortex2 Quad
3x 128Mb PC133
Logitech i-Touch cordless key&mouse
17" Monitor of unknown type

[This message has been edited by Arris (edited 08-16-2001).]

C

Chiles4

Does anyone know if the demo requires DX8? I'm still using DX7.

------------------
Re-elect Gore-Lieberman!

TaNG

TaNG

Yea, Its a pretty cool game... Surprised how smoothly it ran on my system coz most new games eg. Max Payne need like geforce 3.

------------------
Celery 2 [email protected]
Asus P3V4X
Asus v6800
256 PC-150 Kingmax
Quantum Fireball Plus AS
IBM 60GXP
AOpen 48x CD-Rom
SB AWE64