NFS Porsche Network play

M

mawil

Trying to play on a lan. Can connect, set up game and the other person can join the game, but when I click on RACE, the person who joins gets disconnected. Tried LAN connection and peer to peer with IP addresses. Have played with ipx/spx settings with no luck. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mary

------------------
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?

L

LaoChe

Ok, both of you guys have to be running the same version. Do other games work fine networked? I use TCP/IP for NFS PU and it runs just fine. I haven't run NFS PU with IPX/SPX but make sure your using frame type 802.3 and both machines are set to the same network address.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 09-04-2000).]

M

mawil

Thanks LaoChe,

Same version of the game. Have played the previous NFS game networked with no problem.
I think the frame type is where I was off. Wasn't sure which one to use. As for network address, their website said to use anything but 0. I have ours set for 1. Will that work? Will try the game again tomorrow & post the results.

Thanks again,

Mary

------------------

L

LaoChe

Yep, 1 will be fine. Like I said, just make sure your frame type is 802.3 and you'll be good to go.

Let me know how things work out.

M

mawil

Still no luck. Set frame type and IP addresses the same. Even tried setting IP addresses to 19216801 on both computers. Can set up the game & he can join, but when we start to race he is booted out. Same if he sets up the game & I join. Have read all the help files that came with the game & can't see what we're doing wrong.

Both computers are PIII 650. Mine with VooDoo 3 2000 and his with VooDoo 5 5500. Lan is set up with Netgear fast ethernet adapters and 4 port hub. No other problems with LAN. Any more details or suggestions?

Thanks again,

Mary

------------------

[This message has been edited by mawil (edited 09-04-2000).]

C

Cypress7

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PORSHE UNLEASHED...EVEN MY FRIEND AND I TRIED IT...MAYBE A NEW PATCH WILL COME OUT

PS : SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY DELL KEYBOARD IS MESSED RIGHT NOW

L

LaoChe

You know that is weird, EA's web site says to use IPX/SPX but I use TCP/IP for NFS PU. Try getting rid of IPX/SPX protocol and set up your PC's with different IPs with the same subnet mask and see if that takes care of it. I run PU with NO problem on my network.