New to o/c'ing need some help, Please?

X

x64208203

I was just wondering if you have to remove the origional fan and heatsink on the processor before you can install a new one? I have a P3 600E FCPGA running on an Asus P3V4X. This is probably a pretty stupid question. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
x64208203

------------------
Excuses are like arse holes everybody has one,
and they all smell like crap.

N

NiteOwl

no such thing as a stupid question. You do have to remove the original hs/fan to use a aftermarket hs/fan.

D

drjohnsn50

Niteowl you are spreading an atmoshpere of support and understanding. YOur a good moderator.

Jared

------------------
celeron 266 running at [email protected] volts with factory fan and heatsink

I have the 600e on the way. Global win VOS32 is on the way also...

X

x64208203

Thanks NiteOwl now all I need to know is how hard it is to take the original heatsink and fan off of the 600E FCPGA? and how to do it? Just a little scared that I might mess something up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by x64208203 (edited 03-29-2000).]

N

NiteOwl

you have a FC PGA, right? so doesn't it go on a slocket? Correct me if I am wrong (cuz I use slot 1 650e myself so I am not too sure), but don't the hs just pop right off like any socket 7 hs?

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 03-29-2000).]

X

x64208203

Yea it does use a slocket adapter. I just wasn't sure if it just poped off or was secured to the chip somehow. I was kinda afraid of busting the chip. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
x64208203

------------------

N

NiteOwl

well, I saw one once before, and there might be some Intel gloob holding it together ... but the one I saw had it separated already (it was in my friend's computer shop).