New Clio III (mk3?) pics...

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Woah, that does look awesome. Looks like it's getting bigger too. Seems to have nicked all the good bits of the Megane :D

ris

ris

super moderator
the back end of that also has a bit of the new astra sport about it. something to do with the curve of the roof i think.

Martin_89

Martin_89

yeah its got an astra look about it, and side on has a punto look to it.

ive read that the current 1.2 16V clio is still going to be sold in the UK untill it is replaced by the 2005 Renault Twingo (those who go on holiday to europe will have seen these)

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Originally posted by MuFu
Nice! I wonder if those underbody foils will make it into production? You'd expect not.
Yeah, those do look awesome. They might make it into the 182-style variants :cool:.

Martin_89

Martin_89

Originally posted by Luis G
That sure makes my Clio 2005 look old :(
yeah thats the same with mine!, you got the same style clio as mine? (pics in sig)

Nick, those images look to be the Renault Sport version, so they likely will make it to the final car :) hopefully the pricess of the current shape 172/182's and the MK1 172 will drop a fair bit when this comes out so you can think about your track day car idea :D

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
that looks pretty nice actually

I like the way it's got a more subtle version of the Megane's arse

I wonder if they'll up the performance ante too? They ought to bring out a 220bhp version, that would be fun :)

Martin_89

Martin_89

ive heard stuff about a 192 version, but i dont know if this is true or not. also heard the possibility of a Turbo Charged model too :cool:

Luis G

Luis G

Natural Disaster
Originally posted by Martin_89
yeah thats the same with mine!, you got the same style clio as mine? (pics in sig)
Yeah, same style. However mine is the 4 door version and a 1.6l engine. Pics here (and I need to take more decent pics because those are crappy).

There is a renault clio team rs with 182hp and a 1.6l engine, that sure is A LOT of horsepower for a small engine. 0-100km/h in 6.9s.

I read that there's also a 6 cylinder clio RS, but that doesn't sell here, only in France AFAIK.

Martin_89

Martin_89

Yeah it is that :) 2.0 Turbo, 225BHP. On the subject of that someone over at cliosport.net forums is putting the engine from one into a Clio 182

I don’t know if they will make a 2.0 Turbo model though as that takes the point away from the Megane, I may be wrong though.

Sad to see that their will be no new shape Clio V6 though. The demand just isn't there for them. Ive seen one in real life. well actually 2 (I seen one at knock hill, it was the pace car in the Clio cup) but actually driving past ive only seen one and it turned just as much, if not more heads going down the street as a Ferrari would. this changed my opinion on them, I actually would take one over an impreza/lancer now, even although its not as quick but the fact that ive seen more Ferrari 355s and 360s on the road than the V6 does it for me.

Martin_89

Martin_89

Originally posted by Luis G
Yeah, same style. However mine is the 4 door version and a 1.6l engine. Pics here (and I need to take more decent pics because those are crappy).

There is a renault clio team rs with 182hp and a 1.6l engine, that sure is A LOT of horsepower for a small engine. 0-100km/h in 6.9s.

I read that there's also a 6 cylinder clio RS, but that doesn't sell here, only in France AFAIK.
the 182BHP is a 2.0L engine, not a 1.6

ahh you dont get the V6 over there? :( you get it in the UK but as i said in my last post its very, VERY rare Clio V6

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Well, speaking from an American's perspective, that looks to be about the size of a golf cart!! Don't get me wrong, the looks of the car are great, but there is no backseat, and I think I would need a shoehorn and some butter to slide me into the drivers seat... I guess it wasn't meant for people who are 6'5" huh?

Pretty stylin' car though. Strikes me a little like the Civic, only a little flashier...

Martin_89

Martin_89

Originally posted by woodman19_99
Well, speaking from an American's perspective, that looks to be about the size of a golf cart!! Don't get me wrong, the looks of the car are great, but there is no backseat, and I think I would need a shoehorn and some butter to slide me into the drivers seat... I guess it wasn't meant for people who are 6'5" huh?
LOL, well im only 5'6" and ive got to have the front seat right back to be comfortable, and have the seat half way down to be able to see properly and still feel close to the ground and sporty :D

when you say there is no back seats, are you talking about the pics from the first post or the clio V6 in my last post?

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Originally posted by Martin_89
when you say there is no back seats, are you talking about the pics from the first post or the clio V6 in my last post?
I was looking at the first set of images. Now, when I say no back seat, I mean they might be there, but are essentially useless except for additonal storage. Kinda like the back seat in a 911, good for the insurance, but essentially pointless.

The V6 in your last post appears to have no back seat what so ever and looks to me more like Z4. Pretty sporting though. I bet that V6 really pulls that car around pretty quick... I was to lazy to look, but is it rear wheel or front wheel drive?

Martin_89

Martin_89

yeah the first post car has back seats, which are acctually useful for people under 6ft LOL

and no the V6 has no back seats because its rear engine and yeah its rear wheel drive. it weighs 1400kg, 0-60MPH (0-100kph) in 5.6 secs, top speed of 153mph and renault specs say it will get 23 mpg

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Damn, that V6 is pretty spiffy. Just figure out how to mod it to extend the front legroom, and I'd be looking at that car. Martin, why not get that instead of the 1.6?:D