New Build help please

M

MrNice

Hello, i wanted to assemble a desktop..... i definitely have the ability to assemble it, but, picking compatible parts... Not so much.... Basically Photoshop cs6 is the most memory intensive program i use.. I do not game, and only a small amount of Video editing.... I would like to spend less then on $600 on Newegg for parts. not including screen , keyboard or mouse , just the tower. I would like to run a SSD for my OS.... Thanks so much.. if there's somewhere better to post this will a admin move it please thanks?

Thank you!

*Threads merged - Moderator

Shinma

Shinma

You can use the following as a general guideline and modify to suit,

AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz
MSI FM2-A85XA-G65
*Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
SAMSUNG 840 Pro (MZ-7PD128BW) 128 GB SSD
LG GH24NS95 DVDRW
Corsair Carbide Series 200R
SeaSonic S12II 430B

Subtotal: $512.94
*Included free as combo with mobo.

Does not include operating system.

For additional ideas, you can take a look at the following,

Shinma

Shinma

You're welcome.

You did not mention if the budget was pre-tax and such, so kept it lower than the limit.
If the budget was pre-tax,
You can toss in a 1 TB/2 TB mechanical hard drive, for data storage into the list.

M

MrNice

It was just a basic guide line ... thank you.. That lloks perfect... now..if i can buy everything before it becomes obsolete :) Thanks

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
An advantage of the LG DVDRW that Shinma chose is M-Disc compatibility. Mileniata discs are writable discs that do not use dyes and are considered archival permanent. They need a compatible unit to write them but then can be read by any dvd unit. Alas the system does not seem to have been picked up by the other burner manufacturers. The M-Discs cost about $3 each here but for pix or data you want to be readable in 10 years or more, there's nothing else. The LG units don't cost any more than the other brands lacking M-Disc writing capability.

M

MrNice

I am going to buy all this in the next couple days i was wondering if there were any changes in technology or any other advice... the motherboard listed is out of stock... i am pretty good with computers but this is my first build. Should i start a new thread? my budget is $600 maximum and i dont need a monitor or dvd or keyboar and mouse.
Thank you

M

MrNice

My first build

I am building a desktop for the first time, i am not sure about hard ware compatibility. know i want

AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F128GBGS-BK 2.5" 128GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LOGISYS...S888UVBL-/280755251054?_trksid=p2054897.l4276

I am not sure what else i need .. i am a newbie please be kind.. If you need links or have any questions please let em know... I have a maximum of $600 to spend. this computer is used for photoshop and not any gaming. I do not need optical and i do not need screen mouse or keyboard. Thanks!

Thank you!
Mike

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Why do you have 2 cards in Crossfire if you do not intend to do gaming? One 7770 is well enough for Photoshop.

Depending on how much you're into audio, you might want to drop the discrete soundcard and see if the onboard audio of the motherboard is fine for you.
Onboard audio is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Finally, sorry but the power supply you have chosen is a basement-bargain brand just waiting to blow up :p
I'd recommend to take a look at a higher quality and more efficient power supply. The Seasonic S12II 430B Shinma recommended above is a great choice, and way enough power for your system.
It might be slightly more expensive but the PSU is in some way the heart of the system so it's not a place you'd want to skimp on.

Otherwise, the rest looks good to me :)

M

MrNice

Why do you have 2 cards in Crossfire if you do not intend to do gaming? One 7770 is well enough for Photoshop.

Depending on how much you're into audio, you might want to drop the discrete soundcard and see if the onboard audio of the motherboard is fine for you.
Onboard audio is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Finally, sorry but the power supply you have chosen is a basement-bargain brand just waiting to blow up :p
I'd recommend to take a look at a higher quality and more efficient power supply. The Seasonic S12II 430B Shinma recommended above is a great choice, and way enough power for your system.
It might be slightly more expensive but the PSU is in some way the heart of the system so it's not a place you'd want to skimp on.

Otherwise, the rest looks good to me :)
Thanks so much!!!!

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Just another thumbs up for the Seasonic psu. Long ago I once used generic psu's, but for power efficiency, less heat dumped into the case, lower fan noise, and less chance of the psu failing and taking out the motherboard, either catastrophically or slowly over time through higher ripple voltage, a quality psu is indeed a must.

Associates