need some suggestions on a long range wireless keyboard and mouse for HTPC?

sam_fisher

sam_fisher

Hardcore Geek
anybody got a suggestions of a good long range, RF keyboard and mouse? preferably a combo? this is for my HTPC.

i'm going to be playing games on this thing. i want it to be smooth.

thanks in advance...

sam.

Last edited:
agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
I swear by my Logitech Cordless Mouseman.

If I take the mouse downstairs, and leave the reciever on my desk upstairs with all doors through the house closed, I can still control the PC using the mouse!

Now, that to me, is some pretty impressive RF technology.

Logitech make superb keyboards, but I have never had a cordless one... not yet anyway :)

M

Miless

I have a combo too and agree with the last two.I have been cordless for about 3 years now and love it.Newegg has a combo for sale for under 50 bucks.Dont rember if they are RF like mine or optical.Either way you wont be going wrong. :cool:

sam_fisher

sam_fisher

Hardcore Geek
I just hope it will work from the couch to the television.
its almost 18 ft.
thanks for the suggestions guys.

sam.

S

seamonkie

if your looking for a gaming setup, go for the Logitech Cordless MX Duo, i bout the keyboard and mous seperate (they didnt sell this cmbo at the time) would have saved me about 70 bucks for the mx 700. they work great for me...

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
Originally posted by sam_fisher
I just hope it will work from the couch to the television.
its almost 18 ft.
thanks for the suggestions guys.

sam.
But where is the computer/IR receiver going to be located ? the TV location doesn't matter.
I also have a Logitech Mouse/keyboard combo ,eighteen feet wouldn't be a problem.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
yeah, Arris' suggestion is pretty cool - I've got the MX700, very nice mouse :cool:

However, if you intend to purchase something before next Thursday, OCUK are doing a decent Microsoft bundle for very cheap, here.

sam_fisher

sam_fisher

Hardcore Geek
the computer is going to be placed in the rack with other HT components ie dvd player, xbox, rcvr, minidisc plyr, cd plyr, dss, vcr, and so on. the rack is approximately 18 ft away from the main couch.

will a logitech really go that far?

sam.

Associates