Name your tipple

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
I'm always up for trying new drinks/co.cktails, so what do you people swear by? I tend to go for:

• Most Lager/Beers
  • Vodka & Orange
  • JD & Coke
  • Any good Whiskey on the rocks
  • Mojito co.cktail
  • Any dark Rum&Coke

What do you guys drink?

Nick

(excuse the . in co.cktail, the profanity filter is working overtime)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you on vodka and orange (not to mention Tanqueray and tonic), but lately I've been trying to avoid the hard stuff for beer and wine ... does anybody have a favorite light beer? Miller High Life Light, which is almost unknown and unadvertised compared to Miller Lite, isn't actually bad in a summer-day swilling way, but the light versions of Amstel, Sam Adams, etc. break my heart.

Eric

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
We've not yet caught onto the light beer's yet in the UK, but I think they're slowly emerging. The only light beer I've tried is Michelob which is fairly nice. Otherwise I'm happy drinking real Ales/Brash lagers until the beer belly starts appearing.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Originally posted by JPNYC
Samuel Smith's Olde Brewery Bitter. The ambrosia of beers.
Is that an NY beer? I've been on the London Pride tonight, but there are a fair few around here which I know and love.

ris

ris

super moderator
sammy's is a yorkshire beer, owned by some drongos and run as a tax loss. nice beer though, and they are sold in the sammy smith pubs at about 1.30 a pint.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's pure yorkie all the way, flat cap and all. But it's the best that's ever crossed my palate. I tend toward rougher beers that aren't polished and refined until they're tame. I like a beer that attacks the taste buds. That one does.

MuFu

MuFu

Originally posted by CenturionStrategy
I'm always up for trying new drinks/co.cktails...
Try Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum + Sprite (or 7UP) on the rocks. Also... get a pint glass and fill it with a blue WKD, an orange Reef and a shot of Blue Aftershock. It fits perfectly, is luminous green and tastes like Jelly Beans.

Me, I like "summer day" beers or dark rum + coke.

krupted

krupted

just social drinking would be budweiser, even that new bud select is alright, although it is a very very light beer

if i plain wanna get hammerd i go with 1:1 jack and coke, it doesnt take long

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Capt. Morgan's on the rocks is very nice, sort of a vanilla quality to it. Nasty hangovers though.

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

There is a Bermuda dark rum called Black Seal. A jigger of that over the rocks with a squeeze of lime (to keep the scurvy away, of course) and, if you feel so inclined, a splash of tonic (for malaria, naturally). A great cooling summer drink. It gets very hot here in the South.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It's the sugar, I think. Vodka seems to be the least debilitating the next day. Which makes sense, if ya think about it. The Russians needed an alcohol they could survive the frequent consumption of, because with their climate, how much else was there to DO?

greenfreak

greenfreak

I'm a wimp, a dissapointment to my Irish name. I don't like beer at all and go for "fruity drinks". Malibu+pineapple, Sex on the Beach, Bay Breeze, Sea Breeze.

I generally don't like tasting my alcohol. Which is why I don't drink much.

chcr

chcr

lemme offa this ride!!!!!
Originally posted by krupted
just social drinking would be budweiser, even that new bud select is alright, although it is a very very light beer

if i plain wanna get hammerd i go with 1:1 jack and coke, it doesnt take long

Tsk. If you really want to get hammered, the coke is just slowing you down. :p Hell, the glass is just slowing you down.

ups4

ups4

Very simple here....a couple a fingers of 16 yr old single malt scotch (The Balvenie please) and a splash is all I need :D

Paul

Associates