My Resignation

R

Rich

To make this easier on me I will just paste the letter I sent to Sander here...

Thanks Everyone.

Sander,

I am very sorry to let you and HWC down, especially the day before the contest is to start. My wife has been in the hospital and between taking care of the kids
and visiting her I haven't had any time for my moderator duties, and now she has been diagnosed with MS so I will never know when I can or cant be here.

My recommendation for a moderator would be EC-PC.. that is if he is up to it... he has been going through a personal crisis of his own.The mod should be a member of the SETI team... and EC-PC is the most active member as far as recruiting and doing the stats. The only disadvantage he has is his spelling and grammar is even worse than mine.

I will continue to check the SETI forum for a few minutes each night for any flames or SPAM until my title is removed.. but I don't think there will be any problems.

I thank you for this opportunity. For a hardware geek being a mod at the # 1 hardware site has been an honor indeed.

I will not be able to do the drawing tomorrow.. but if you ask for help quickly it may not be to late. Djcake is a member of the SETI team with a webcam.. so perhaps he can help.

Thanks
Rich

------------------
Done.
Press any key to continue . . .

I

ineedajay

I've never been what you're going through, so all I can offer is my sympathy. Hang in there Rich.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my seti setup ...

If things get better in the future I hope to see you back co-modding atleast.

Until then, take care and the Seti people will be pulling for you.

B

B/K

Rich, I am on the other Seti team, and I can honestly say, that you will be missed by both teams. You have done an outstanding job as Mod, and I support your decision. Family will always come first in my book.

EC-PC[b/] is a great guy and very even keeled; I agree with Rich and support any decision to make EC-PC the Mod if he wants the job.

C

chuck1

I hope everything goes well Rich, You are a respectible member here and are always welcome back.

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Rich-

You've been a wonderful asset here at HWC... we're very much going to miss your active presence and I sincerely hope the situation becomes such that you can be as active again in the very near future.

Our prayers are with you, your wife and your family, Rich. God bless, and we wish you and your family all the best in the days ahead.

G

GREGORY

Make sure your wife knows we are all pulling for her and to keep a good attitude and you will get through this.

My niece was diagnosed with MS two years ago.

GOOD LUCK DUDE!

P

Phrea

Be well Rich, dont loose your cool, I think that`s what`s needed right now for you and your family...

Phrea

SkySlash

SkySlash

You will be missed buddy!

Take care of the family and get rested up...come back to us when you can from time to time!

-SS

------------------
Once something is proven unquestionably in a persons mind and heart...it is burned there, and it can never be erased! Not by you, not by the smartest person in the world, not by anyone. Faith goes beyond proof, and it shadows logic with reality!

B

brainsoft

You are an amazing Mod and you will be sorely missed. I wish my best to you, your wife, and your family.

------------------
I don’t know how I got here… I was only looking for the washroom.

Maxout

Maxout

Truly sorry to see you go, you have always been one of the good guys. Will keep your wife and you in our prayers...

Spencer

Psyduck

Psyduck

All the best to you and your family Rich, you'll be deeply missed around here. Hope you can pop in from time to time, to catch up on us.

James

R

Rich

Wow.. Thanks for all the support folks... but you can relax.. I will still be posting when I can.. but its much to hectic for me right now to have Mod duties, I am also in a bad frame of mind so I am not exactly mod material right now.

Rich

------------------
Done.
Press any key to continue . . .

N

ntuser

Although not the same. I have had a member of my family go through some medical dificulties that eventually led to a painful death. Rich, my greatest sympathies. I hope for the very best and for a full recovery. I hope that everyday you have with your wife will be the best you have ever had. Again, my greatest sympathies.

Best wishes,

Eric