Most disappointing game ?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
What was the most disappointing game you ever bought, thinking that it was a real winner ? Any platform you care to mention. N64, PSX, PC etc. For me it was War of the Worlds by Rage, potentially a good game but too long and complicated, graphics were a plus though. DD.

[This message has been edited by digitaldog (edited 08-16-2000).]

Mephisto

Mephisto

Diablo: Very repetetive and boring.

------------------
Well now, who are you then?
Part of that Power which would
The Evil ever do, and ever does the Good.

S

Sampoerna

The game that sticks most in my mind in this category is Jane's WWII Fighters. I loved the switch & button interface, the controls, and the graphics. The museum and pilots sections were great. But the scripting and multiplayer aspects were terribly disappointing and buggy.

I'm sure there's other games that I've got that are more appropriate for the "disappointing" label, but I've been playing WWII Fighters again lately. It just makes me sad that a game with such potential got so bogged down with these bugs.

------------------
-- Sampœrna

C

coolguy867

i don't really like any of the flight simulators, but that's probably cuz i'm too lazy to learn the controls...

D

dimm sum

Had to be "IWar" (as in Incependance War)...
cannot remember who put it out but MAN! you get to command a big ole' battleship (spaceship) and it comes with ONE big stupid clunky gun!!!! NEVER met a space shooter i not liked, except that one.

Close second: Heavy Gear II

------------------------------
Cynthia Watrose, if you see this, I love you.

Mephisto

Mephisto

Cynthia
A girl with a name as beautiful as yours wouldn't believe someone like dimm, would you?!

S

slap

Q3. its bubble gum with a saturday morning cartoon.

[This message has been edited by slap (edited 08-16-2000).]

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Hmmmmmmmm...Yoshi'Story on Nintendo 64
--------$60 of pure crap...--------------
Finished it after 8 "intense" hours of gameplay, music is AAAAAAAWFUL and graphics
are easily prettier on an SNES.

------------------
GAMING RULES!
GAMBLING SUCKS!!!

1fast6

1fast6

It's got to be Sim Theme Park. In the holiday rush I couldn't remember if I wanted to get the kids Rollercoaster tycoon or Sim theme park. The lady at the store said she liked 'em both and since they were out of RCT, I picked up STP. It started stinkin under the tree before it was even opened up.

------------------
Be quick. Be fast.

N

np6122

Definitally the most dissapointing game. INTERSTATE '82!! I was looking forward to the game so much, enspecially after I76, and how much that game kicked ass, I was hoping this game would be just as good. I was very very dissapointed.

fx

fx

Hmmmm.........that's a hard one. Think it was Carnivores. Realy pice of sh*t game. There are others too : Croc, Nascar Racing(they all sucked), and most of the flight sims.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Shogo mobile armor division, especially after the reviews it got......... Pants IMO

A

ah6tyfour

Originally posted by coolguy867:
i don't really like any of the flight simulators, but that's probably cuz i'm too lazy to learn the controls...
you dont like flight sims? I LOVE FLIGHT SIMS! well...combat flight sims....ms flight simulators arent that good....the good ones are made by janes..

the most disappointing game was Jane's F/A-18
i was expecting more from janes, the effort they put into that game just didnt cut it...

------------------
MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!

P

Proceed

All of the Test Drive series (not realistic or good graphics) All the Need For speed series (just repeditave and non-realistic)

Diablo all of them sucked

C&C sucked also

Luis G

Luis G

Natural Disaster
Proceed: Graphics in NFS Porsche, are really GREAT, in some shots you can really get to think it's real or from TV....

I'm running it at 800x600x32, highest EVERYTHING......looks great.....and also....the sound is great through my SB Live!.

Most dissapointing game??, Messiah....

S

Salt

I can't believe you missed the largest recent disappointment:

Messiah.

Very creative, cool idea, great graphics. More bugs than Win95

------------------
Salt
Debaser.

Associates