Moron....

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Idiot on the Dell Forum talking about AMD.......:rolleyes:

Then they should drop Intel and use AMD! Come on, look around at the reviews. After you read the recent reviews, tell me why I would be better off with any Pentium (840) or otherwise over the new AMD x2. Cooler, better performance all around for your hard earned money. Just seems AMD is where the smart money would go, however I'm open for an education in this if someone wants to oblige.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Well he's almost correct. Except for the glaring omission that the dual core P4 is much cheaper than the A64 X2. And considering that the dual core P4 isn't all that bad, the cost would keep me from buying an X2 over the P4 option.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by wrathchild_67
Well he's almost correct. Except for the glaring omission that the dual core P4 is much cheaper than the A64 X2. And considering that the dual core P4 isn't all that bad, the cost would keep me from buying an X2 over the P4 option.

My point was that why even post on an ALL INTEL FORUM with that in the first place. :rolleyes:

It's not even a topic and never will be there.

That would be like me going to the AMD forums and starting a thread and talking about Intel CPU's.

Dumb huh?

It has nothing to do with AMD vers Intel at all, it has to do with common sense. ;)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
This thread is kind of an add on to Ol'Mans FAN BOY thread.

As some fan boys will go anywhere and stur up trouble. ;)

Ponch

Ponch

... as for you suggesting he's a new comer to the forum because you registered less than a month before him ... :p

Martin_89

Martin_89

well yeah your right, its silly posting it there, he knows fine well whats going to happen.

BUT... i have to half agree with him. they should start using AMD but not drop intel, as most of us know intel are known to give better performance for some tasks and AMD for others.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Martin_89
well yeah your right, its silly posting it there, he knows fine well whats going to happen.

BUT... i have to half agree with him. they should start using AMD but not drop intel, as most of us know intel are known to give better performance for some tasks and AMD for others.

Yeah it would be nice to have the option of either, but Dell isn't going to do it, they came out and said that more than once.

Martin_89

Martin_89

like you said on the dell forum, once AMD make a stable motherboard/chipset then they might have a chance in the OEM market with dell.

allthough Time/Tiny over here use VIA chipsets with Sempron's (was A-XP's) in the lower machines which are REALLY cheap and work well to be honest. ive seen Packard Hell use Sempron's and A-XP's, Emachine use A64's, ive seen HP machines using AMD too. so at least some of the manufacturers are using them.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
like you said on the dell forum, once AMD make a stable motherboard/chipset then they might have a chance in the OEM market with dell.

allthough Time/Tiny over here use VIA chipsets with Sempron's (was A-XP's) in the lower machines which are REALLY cheap and work well to be honest. ive seen Packard Hell use Sempron's and A-XP's, Emachine use A64's, ive seen HP machines using AMD too. so at least some of the manufacturers are using them.

My point was that in a Major OEM's eyes I believe they want to see a complete stable platform. Most of them look at Intel as a reference there.

Now don't get me wrong here, Intel has made some mistakes over the years, but at least it all comes from the same house so to speak.

Martin_89

Martin_89

yeah if they get problems they have only the one manufacturer to fall back on. its all guaranteed to work together and to top it off intel boards dont allow overclocking so there isnt a need to write your own bios.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
yeah if they get problems they have only the one manufacturer to fall back on. its all guaranteed to work together and to top it off intel boards dont allow overclocking so there isnt a need to write your own bios.

Well the OEM's still write their own bios (modify really).

I would like to see another major OEM give AMD a try really.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Jankerson, you should've put this in the CPU forum for more react... I mean responses :D

Seems like the nForce4 would be a good chipset for the OEM market... I'd say nearly 2/3 of the smaller OEMs where I live sells AMD-based systems (although an A64 paired with an X300 won't do much).

However where I work (a corporate and server-centric place) it's nearly only Intel machines built or sold. But then, the corporate-oriented OEM builders looks like a market that is still majorly stuck with Intel (counting Dell or not)... At least it's good to see HP having AMD stuff on that level.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by equinoxe3d
Jankerson, you should've put this in the CPU forum for more react... I mean responses :D

I didn't care about responses, that's why I posted here.

It was more of a rant than anything.....LOL