More R8500 OCing

S

Swedishlf

I took off the stock hs and slapped on the one that came stock with my PIII 500e. I needed some more juice to get it going well, so i pencil tricked it. I only made a small line because I haven't bought a volt meter yet.
Well, turns out I got an extra 10 out of each with it, I'm running 310/310 stable as far as I can tell. I'll post some benchies when I get around to it.

------------------
Stupidity should be painful.

MuFu

MuFu

How's everybody going with their 8500's then? Doesn't seem like there've been enough driver problems. I would have expected a barrage of "screw ATI" posts by now.

Just put a Crystal Orb and TweakMonster tin-coated copper RAMsinks on mine.

Took off the original heatsink (which incidentally was affixed with a mixture of horse shit and ear wax) using the ol' screwdriver and credit card method...

Lapped the core using 1200 wet 'n' dry until I could just about see copper coming through (ooh!). Applied a thin layer of Arctic Silver adhesive and left it overnight with the COrb and a weight on top...

Masked off the memory pins, lapped the bases of the RAM and whopped them on too...

I did the mod mainly because with the pencil trick, everything was getting pretty toasty. Additional MHz weren't my priority so I was pleasantly suprised when the memory hit 640MHz. The core wouldn't go any further than the 310MHz I had it at already. I'm probably going to up the voltages a bit more now as they are still at a fairly conservative 1.8/3.82V. My balls say "2/4V" but my head says "ARE YOU CRAZY???!!!!".

Not bad for an LE, huh?

MuFu.

------------------
Athlon [email protected]+
Cooler Master [email protected]
KG7-R
Crucial [email protected]
Radeon [email protected]/620MHz
60GXP 60GB
75GXP 30GB
SBLive! 5.1
PlexWriter 10/10/40A
Pioneer 16x DVD
LG Flatron 795FT+
WinXP

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 03-15-2002).]

S

Swedishlf

Damn you got 310/320 out of an LE? Impressive. I still can't get too much more than 310/310 out of mine, and it's non-le. I have horrible case ventalation though and no ramsinks yet. And no voltmeter, so I'm kinda scared of guessing.

Everyone else, post your radeon successes!

------------------
Stupidity should be painful.

USSVoyager

USSVoyager

Excuse the name
Sheesh, I wish I got that Radeon 7500. I don't think I told you all, but ebuyer cancelled my order as they noticed I was getting it for ultra cheap. If only it was in stock when I ordered it, it woulda been too late for them to do anything once it was on my doorstep...

Looks like I am sticking to the GF2MX for a while longer

------------------
Gin - The driver's choice

USSVoyager

USSVoyager

Excuse the name
You call yourself a student when you can afford those kinds of prices?

------------------
Gin - The driver's choice

Associates