Microsoft's System Centre advert is too noisy

USSVoyager

USSVoyager

Excuse the name
Sorry guys, but if you don't have that Microsoft System Centre advert at least have mute on by default, I'm really going to cut down on my trips to HWC.

Adverts like that really annoy me, as I'd prefer to listen to my music than that thing after every mouse click...

Cheers.

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Same solution for me! Firefox+adblock, fastest, easiest setup I know of out there. All my IE friends complain about ads, and once I tell them to get Firefox, they're amazed, once I tell them to get adblock, they're astounded by how well Firefox can fight ads.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Yeah, I've been an adblock user for quite a while now. It really does speed the web up.

I'm always surprised when I see a flash ad pop up on me, and then I realize I'm using IE6 at work. :rolleyes:

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
I'm at work right now, on IE6. Otherwise there would be nothing on that side of the page but the posts. Thank you Remove It Permanently (and wrathchild, who turned me on to it.)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We're having that ad checked into, but please keep discussion of ad blocking off the forum. Our advertisers see that, they might pull their ads and this forum would go with them.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Noted. But 90% of people can't be bothered to do the work. The advertisers are safe.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Their advertising rep claims this has been fixed, so please let us know if the advert continues to play sound without any action on the user's part, such as mouse over etc. Thanks

Associates