Microsoft needs your help to nail the Windows 8.1...

Shinma

Shinma

Microsoft needs your help to nail the Windows 8.1 update 0xc1900101 Blue Screens

Two weeks into a vexing bug, people trying to upgrade to Windows 8.1 are still reporting Blue Screens

If you've been having trouble upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, and are encountering Blue Screens marked 0xc1900101 - 0x40017 or 0xC1900101-0x20017, 0xC1900101-0x40019 or 0xc1900101 - 0x30018, there may be a fix for your problems. But if none of the remedies offered here get you upgraded, please head to the Microsoft Answers forum and post details about your configuration. Because after two weeks of trying, Microsoft still hasn't figured out what's causing the problem, and your input may help...

Full story available at InfoWorld,
Click HERE

glussier

glussier

I had no problem on my 3 laptops with the 8.1 upgrade. All of my devices came with Windows 8 installed.

Shinma

Shinma

Test and test again: the lesson from Windows 8.1's bumpy rollout

The rocky rollout of Windows 8.1 should serve as a reminder for consumers, software developers, hardware vendors, enterprise IT pros, and Microsoft itself that a period of careful testing and analysis must precede the release and installation of an operating system update.

After it shipped on Oct. 17, Windows 8.1 in certain scenarios clashed with incompatible software, crashed due to outdated firmware, and stumbled over unrecognized drivers.

Affected users faced different problems, including computers that couldn’t boot up, peripherals that malfunctioned, software that couldn’t be run, and OS installations that couldn’t be completed. Some issues have been resolved while others have not...

It’s particularly concerning that Microsoft had no one but itself to blame for the most serious incident so far, caused by a firmware issue on some of its own Surface RT tablets, which run Windows RT, the OS version for ARM-chip devices...

Full story available at the following link,
Click HERE

Associates