Microsoft confirms it's dropping Windows 8.1 support

Shinma

Shinma

Microsoft TechNet blog makes clear that Windows 8.1 will not be patched; users must get Windows 8.1 Update if they want security patches

In what is surely the most customer-antagonistic move of the new Windows regime, Steve Thomas at Microsoft posted a TechNet article on Saturday stating categorically that Microsoft will no longer issue security patches for Windows 8.1, starting in May. Call this the "let them eat cake" approach to support for Microsoft's flagship operating system...

Full story available at the following link,
Click HERE

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
oi :rolleyes:

*pats win7 box*

And why do they call it win 8.1 update?? Why not 8.1.1/8.2?

Weeboll

Weeboll

NO MONEY NO SKI
i tried 8 and reverted back to 7 after a few weeks as it didnt work for me controlling it via mouse, leaving 8 to be installed on my htpc where it has worked very well for the past year nearly - live tiles on a big screen with navigation via the crosspad on the remote control is actually very good.

i then went and bought a Surface RT which works very well with 8 as it should. its leading me to think about replacing 7 on the main pc again. i think i am mentally ready to cope with using a mouse with the interface

my point i guess is; it takes time to get used to it and ideally get used to it with a touchscreen or large screen!

Shinma

Shinma

You may want to hold off on purchasing any Windows 8/8.1, just in case they actually do release Windows 9 next year.