Microphone Wont Work?

timinsk

timinsk

Techie B)
My Audio Card:
Creative: Sound Blaster Audigy SE

It worked when I first installed the sound card.

A few days ago I installed NVMixer from nvidia, but found out I dont have a sli3 i believe so it wouldn't work. I tried using my microphone when I installed that. Didn't work. I unistalled the nvmixer then tried it. Didn't work. I went on microsoft.com/update and used teh software they supposively would highly recommend for me to install which now I have installed called: "SB Live! 24-Bit"

-->Sounds like an update to my audio card since I believe SB stands for Sound Blaster.

After I installed this update from microsoft, my microphone still doesn't work. I tried the hardware setup from the sound and audio devices from control panel. I ran out of ideas of how to fix. My Audio card didn't come with a software disk if that helps inform anyone on helping me.

If anyone could please help me.

Regards,
Timinsk

The CandyMan

The CandyMan

Chocolately LAN Goodness!
Did you check to make sure the microphone wasn't muted (mute boxed checked)? This has happen to me a few times on different computers. It might have defaulted to mute when you installed the new software.

timinsk

timinsk

Techie B)
Its on mute so no feed-back thats how I had it for a while and it just doesn't work. I tried downloading the software as well and still not working.. :(

MAyers57

MAyers57

Elder Geek
After I installed this update from microsoft, my microphone still doesn't work.

Which update from MS did you install and what type of mic is it?

timinsk

timinsk

Techie B)
it was Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Value/SE/LS and Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit XP and Windows Vista Pack 1.04.0077"

I could be wrong, after I updated I haven't used my mic a few days after so it could of been something else... But its just not working. I have a logitech "http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/LogitechHeadset.gif" it seems to be a discontinued product now on theyre website.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Might be a stupid question, but have you tried engaging the microphone 20 DB gain boost? I find with Sound Blaster sound cards, the microphone output is so low that you absolutely have to use the volume boost and have the output volume pinned, to get any kind of useful output from a non-powered microphone

Associates